Wifi Calling on LG G4
jhumm1

I am trying to set up wifi calling on my LG G4. I have enabled Advanced Calling and HD Calling. However, I do not see anything about wifi calling settings.

Am I missing something? How will I know it wifi calling is ready?

Wifi calling is important as I get a very weak, if any, cell signal in the house. Already spoken to tech support who said I am in a marginal coverage area.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi Calling on LG G4
Snn5
Legend

Some people mistake the 2 as the same.  Native wifi calling is not available yet.  Wifi calling in the VM+ app is app-based.  This is where you select a contact from within the app to call.  Whereas T-Mobile writes the wifi calling into the software on their phones, Verizon does not have this and instead has to use an app, making it similar to data-based apps like Hangouts and Skype.  Future software updates may provide the ability for Verizon phones to act as T-Mobile phones do in this regard.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You must use Verizon Messages plus app.  There is no native support yet.

0 Likes
Jamie5180

I activated HD calling and message plus, but still do not see a setting for wi-fi calling. I am unable to get a strong signal in my house.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You make the call from inside the VM+ app.

0 Likes
jhumm1

No call option from within Verizon Messages either. Online VW support told me that wifi calling not available yet on G4--still only available on iPhone and Galaxy S6. Not sure what is going on, but I have not found any info online that shows how to do wifi calling on a Verizon Wireless LG G4.

0 Likes
jhumm1

Let me clarify. Calls they Verizon Messages are cell signal and not wifi. If I disable cell signal or have no bars, it still won't make the call via wifi.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Some people mistake the 2 as the same.  Native wifi calling is not available yet.  Wifi calling in the VM+ app is app-based.  This is where you select a contact from within the app to call.  Whereas T-Mobile writes the wifi calling into the software on their phones, Verizon does not have this and instead has to use an app, making it similar to data-based apps like Hangouts and Skype.  Future software updates may provide the ability for Verizon phones to act as T-Mobile phones do in this regard.

0 Likes
Jamie5180

VM+ costs extra every month. I understood that Wi-Fi calling was to be made available without an additional fee. I will continue using my textnow app

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon messages + is free. Basic Visual voicemail is free. Premium Visual Voicemail is a few.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Fee

0 Likes