Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Wifi Calling on LG G4
jhumm1

I am trying to set up wifi calling on my LG G4. I have enabled Advanced Calling and HD Calling. However, I do not see anything about wifi calling settings.

Am I missing something? How will I know it wifi calling is ready?

Wifi calling is important as I get a very weak, if any, cell signal in the house. Already spoken to tech support who said I am in a marginal coverage area.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Wifi Calling on LG G4
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Some people mistake the 2 as the same.  Native wifi calling is not available yet.  Wifi calling in the VM+ app is app-based.  This is where you select a contact from within the app to call.  Whereas T-Mobile writes the wifi calling into the software on their phones, Verizon does not have this and instead has to use an app, making it similar to data-based apps like Hangouts and Skype.  Future software updates may provide the ability for Verizon phones to act as T-Mobile phones do in this regard.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You must use Verizon Messages plus app.  There is no native support yet.

0 Likes
Jamie5180

I activated HD calling and message plus, but still do not see a setting for wi-fi calling. I am unable to get a strong signal in my house.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You make the call from inside the VM+ app.

0 Likes
jhumm1

No call option from within Verizon Messages either. Online VW support told me that wifi calling not available yet on G4--still only available on iPhone and Galaxy S6. Not sure what is going on, but I have not found any info online that shows how to do wifi calling on a Verizon Wireless LG G4.

0 Likes
jhumm1

Let me clarify. Calls they Verizon Messages are cell signal and not wifi. If I disable cell signal or have no bars, it still won't make the call via wifi.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Some people mistake the 2 as the same.  Native wifi calling is not available yet.  Wifi calling in the VM+ app is app-based.  This is where you select a contact from within the app to call.  Whereas T-Mobile writes the wifi calling into the software on their phones, Verizon does not have this and instead has to use an app, making it similar to data-based apps like Hangouts and Skype.  Future software updates may provide the ability for Verizon phones to act as T-Mobile phones do in this regard.

0 Likes
Jamie5180

VM+ costs extra every month. I understood that Wi-Fi calling was to be made available without an additional fee. I will continue using my textnow app

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Verizon messages + is free. Basic Visual voicemail is free. Premium Visual Voicemail is a few.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Fee

0 Likes