Wifi Connection is dropping seemingly at random
MaxSquires
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wifi connection has been dropping at random times while I try to use it. This happens on both my home and work networks and other devices, like the laptop I'm writing this on, have no issues connecting and staying connected. The WAP at home is in my room so signal is not a problem and the one at work shows full strength. It will connect for a while, then disconnect and reconnect a few times before refusing to connect at all, even while being able to see the network. The phone shows it is trying to reconnect in the wireless menu and even gets as far as obtaining an IP address before dropping and trying again. This has just started happening in the recent weeks, it seemed to coincide with a security update that was automatically downloaded from Verizon.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi Connection is dropping seemingly at random
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn of the WiFi connectivity issues you are experiencing, Max Squires. We certainly want to get your WiFi connection back to normal as soon as possible. You indicate amongst other things that this issue started when a software update was performed on the phone. Have you made sure that all applications are up to date as well? Please confirm by checking for applications’ updates at the Play Store.

Also, try connecting to your network manually and see if this improves your WiFi connectivity: http://spr.ly/6580BarVu

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MaxSquires
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, everything is up to date. I have done both automatic and manual connections and there are times when it will refuse to connect manually as well. After entering in the network information, it will immediately go to the saved status or say connecting and then say connection failed. Sometimes it doesn't detect my network.  Restarting the phone seems to allow me to actually connect again, but then it still has the problem with dropping the signal. It seems to drop when I try to actively use the connection, as it will disconnect while I am playing Clash of Clans or watching a YouTube video, but it seems to stay connected more or less fine if just being used passively (sitting on the desk, background processes.) Then again, i can't exactly confirm that because the screen usually isn't on when it's sitting on the desk.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MaxSquires,

Having to restart your phone constantly is not the solution we are looking for either. We are going to work together to make sure you can stay connected. Does your phone have any physical or water damage to it? Do you ever receive any error message when this happens?

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes