Will text messages appear on my tablet if I delete them from my device?
SARAHLIZ10

I am in the process of getting everything off of my LG G3 as it is defective and I have to send it back. I also have a Tablet that has all of my old text messages. Will they remain on the tablet once I do the reset and send the defective phone back? I don't want to lose all of my text messages.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SARAHLIZ10-

I value all of my old text messages, as I have conversations with family members who have since passed. I know how important it is that they are backed up and safe and sound. Prior to sending your LG G3 back to us, I do recommend making a back up to the Verizon Cloud: http://vz.to/1Q9ijyF. I just want to make sure that we are on the same page, you mentioned that your old texts are on your tablet, is your tablet synced with your phone Verizon Cloud? Or is does it have its own separate Cloud account? If they are separate, your phone being sent back and erased will have no impact on what is saved on your tablet. If your tablet is synced with your phone's Cloud account, it will mirror what is on your phone once you back up to the Cloud. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which application were you using for the text messages? A second method to backup your messages is to use one of the sms backup applications from the Play Store. The one I use creates a xml file that I save to my computer or Google drive. When I switch to a different phone, I install the same application I used to backup on the other phone and I copy the backup file to the new phone. I restore the messages using the SMS Backup application. I have messages from 2010 on my phone that transferred between at least two different phone besides the original phone and this one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SARAHLIZ10

Just the regular messaging system that comes with Android. I don't even know what it's called. I looked at my Tablet today and all of my messages are still there from when I first got my LG G3 during December of 2014. I called Verizon customer service today and she said everything will still be on the Tablet too. So, I'm guessing if that is what I was informed I should be good to go. Right???

What app did you use to do that though?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are two text message applications that came on the phone. The Verizon Messages+ with the red icon and an application called Messaging or something similar which likely as a green icon. I'm not familiar with the UI design of the LG phones to know what stock messaging app looks like. My description is based on the other manufacturers. Only the Verizon Messages+ allows you to sync your messages with the tablet. It only syncs 90 days worth.

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SARAHLIZ10-

I value all of my old text messages, as I have conversations with family members who have since passed. I know how important it is that they are backed up and safe and sound. Prior to sending your LG G3 back to us, I do recommend making a back up to the Verizon Cloud: http://vz.to/1Q9ijyF. I just want to make sure that we are on the same page, you mentioned that your old texts are on your tablet, is your tablet synced with your phone Verizon Cloud? Or is does it have its own separate Cloud account? If they are separate, your phone being sent back and erased will have no impact on what is saved on your tablet. If your tablet is synced with your phone's Cloud account, it will mirror what is on your phone once you back up to the Cloud. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the Verizon Cloud backup messages more than 90 days old? If, not then I will choose a different solution.

0 Likes
SARAHLIZ10

I believe it is synced with my phone's Cloud account. I can see all the pics on the Cloud taken from my Tablet.

I can access the Cloud and it tells me the number of texts I have backed up, but it only pulls up messages from 3 months ago. Do they disappear from the Cloud after a certain time? I'm guessing so since that is what a user said above??

I just saw the option to restore them. If I don't want to restore so my phone won't be so full, where can I find all the old text messages on the Cloud?

-Sarah

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Messages+ only save 90 days worth of messages.  Anything older is deleted and can't be recovered.

0 Likes
SARAHLIZ10

Is there any way to keep messages older than that?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I already provided an option to backup all your messages earlier in the thread. Whether you use it or not is your choice.

0 Likes