after lollipop update, battery drain and slow recharge? apps slow, or do not work,? even after reset?
cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lollipop update/./  battery drain, and slow recharge?  Google apps are not working properly?  Many third party apps will not load?   Did a factory reset and much of data would not reload?

We need fixes quickly.

Labels (2)
Re: after lollipop update, battery drain and slow recharge? apps slow, or do not work,? even after reset?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
The updates are meant to improve the function of your phone, cold60! I'm sorry this hasn't happened with yours. When did you get the update? It can take a few days for phone/ battery to normalize. Also, some apps may not be compatible with the new software, but as you know, apps are updated pretty regularly so this could also be fixed soon. When you did the reset, did you re-download all same apps right away? Please try running phone in Safe Mode for about 24 hours to see if there's an improvement, which will let us know if it is an app or some apps causing this to happen. http://vz.to/1ojB0lE

You will still be able to use phone, but Safe Mode will disable any 3rd party apps. Please keep us posted.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: after lollipop update, battery drain and slow recharge?  apps slow, or do not work,? even after reset?
cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am loading apps one at a time, but did load Verizon package as a group.  Google apps are not working, search, chrome, and ok google voice.   Also, when reset and restored, lost all settings and passwords,  so as I load apps, they do not sync data.....  very slow on the apps that work as well. 

I will uninstall the apps that do not work and reinstall after a day in "safe mode", whatever that is???

0 Likes
Re: after lollipop update, battery drain and slow recharge?  apps slow, or do not work,? even after reset?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
cold60, We appreciate your time in taking these steps! Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow. Please be sure to keep us posted on your results after running the phone in this testing mode. We want to do all we can to help.
TanishaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I follow the procedure for re starting in safe mode, my phone does not offer safe mode alternative.  I see only power off and restart.   My biggest problem is that browser, chrome, or firefox, take 30 plus seconds to load a web site.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

After holding power button, power off restart pops us.  Long press power off or restart, then it will ask for safe mode.

0 Likes
cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

okay....I got this time.  But, problem persists.  Browser very slow....only app used in safe mode.  I have done all of the wi fi checks.  strong signal, re set router, turned wi fi on and off, etc.  Any apps that require connection to web are slow... 

Re: after lollipop update, battery drain and slow recharge? apps slow, or do not work,? even after reset?
Androidalltheway
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having these same issues... My battery used to last 2 days before lollipop and now it doesn't last 6 hours.. Somebody needs to fix this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
cold60, Thanks for your time in trying this step. Thanks Snn5 for the help, as well. When you view your Battery Usage (under Settings>Battery> Battery Usage) which applications are using most of the battery life, usage since last charge? Do any of the applications that are running slow have an update pending?
TanishaS_VZW
0 Likes