bluetooth
CORTEGO72

My lg3 suddenly stopped playing any media files in my car and on my lg headset. i notice when i go to settings for each item i no longer have a media option box to check. audio calls is the only option. i have reset device, un-paired and re-paired several times. i do notice i had a system update on 03/01/17.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: bluetooth
Pollyannp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did the update last night and now suddenly I have the same issue....I have an LG 4G LTE.  Worked flawlessly previously to the update.  It shows media and call audio for one item....a 10.00 pair of wireless earbuds.  I have a rather expensive wireless speaker and it only gives the "Call Audio" option as you have experienced as well. 

0 Likes
Pollyannp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually I was incorrect......................not even the Bluetooth ear buds give me a media options.  Great update guys!!!!

0 Likes
DarthZoltan
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Problem is that I would not have to option for media audio/media option when pairing with my bluetooth headphones only call audio was available.

1. go to settings

2. go to application manager

3. press the three dots in the upper right hand corner and select show system

4. scroll down to Bluetooth (gear icon) tap Bluetooth tap storage tap clear data and press ok

go back one screen

5. find the other Bluetooth app (bluetooth icon) and repeat the process ...tap Bluetooth tap storage tap clear data tap okay exit out of application manager

6. reconnect  with your Bluetooth device this should allow you to stream music and not just accept calls

if this works for you send me a tweet @Jonny_Z_Dingle

Edit: I have to do this everytime I want to connect my headphones. I believe it is a bug in the update and have sent a report to LG. Hope they fix it soon

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cortego72, we want your device to work great with Bluetooth. Let's keep working on this. You have done some great troubleshooting already. Have you tried what DarthZoltan suggested already? If that doesn't work, you may need to back up your device and re-install your software update https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/lg-intuition-instructions-sua.pdf.

AdrienneP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Phone updates are supposed to enhance your experience not hinder it, Polly. Have you tried "forgetting" the existing Bluetooth connections and re-adding them?

NicholeK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
michelle2017

I have followed the steps suggested by DarthZoltan, but he says that he has to do this repeatedly.  I sure don't want to have to do this every time I was to connect to Bluetooth!  Has a permanent solution to this problem been found?

0 Likes
michelle2017

Do you still have to repeat this process every time you use your head phones or have you found a permanent solution?  This is so frustrating!  But thanks for sharing how to get around it Smiley Happy

0 Likes
michelle2017

How do you do this? Forgeting?

0 Likes
midhenry
Enthusiast - Level 2

This works. Clearing memory on both instances of system Bluetooth apps clears up the problem of no audio connection even though pairing has occurred.

Unbelievably annoying. Grrrrrrrrr

This problem has been ongoing with this phone for, literally, years.

Verizon support absolutely worthless.

0 Likes