can't uninstall message+ "settings" isn't working
KillMe

Lastweek, message+ stopped. I uninstalled and installed, tried resetting to the original settings. It was fine.

This time, message+ stopped and I can't uninstall. It says, "Unfortunately the process com.android.settings has stopped."

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't uninstall message+ "settings" isn't working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Message+ is a great way to stay connected & we want to help ensure you're able to enjoy it. What type of device are you using? Is the Message+ application up to date?

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
KillMe

The upgrades had to be deleted to open the app. I need to uninstall the whole app, but I can't, because every function on the phone crashes and gives the "stopped working" messages.

I can't send a bug report. Is there anything that can be done besides a complete reset of the whole phone?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@KillMe wrote:

every function on the phone crashes and gives the "stopped working" messages.

What LG model phone are you having issues with?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
KillMe

vs425

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing this information. Let's continue to review. Are you having trouble uninstalling any other application? Does your device have the latest Software Update? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you. Have you attempted to uninstall the application from the Google Play Store, instead of the settings menu?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
KillMe

I can't uninstall from Google Play either. The only apps that can be uninstalled right now are the few that I put on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the insights. Did you try to leave the messaging app as your default texting app?

0 Likes
KillMe

Yes.

0 Likes