cant update to marshmallow via ota or the software update assistance
mailord

cant update to marshmallow via ota or the software update assistance, what should i do?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: cant update to marshmallow via ota or the software update assistance
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mailord,

Updates can be exciting and we definitely want to make sure that your device is up to date with the latest software. What seems to be going on when you try updating OTA? Do you receive a specific error message? Is the device currently backed up? While not always necessary, resetting your device to factory settings prior to updating the software can certainly be helpful so if your device is backed up we can certainly give that a shot. See how here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112585/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mailord

It doesnt send any error, it just says up to date, but, when the phone isnt

plugged in says update avaliable.

On Feb 21, 2016 4:43 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate these details, Mailord. That is certainly a bit strange. Any difference if this is attempted while on WiFi or 4G?

Have you tried the suggestion that Adam_G provided? That can help clear out any issues that may be affecting your phone from updating.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mailord

Yes i do a factory reset of the phone and still the same

On Feb 24, 2016 9:21 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

FWIW, I was never able to get the SUA to work with my G2.  I always saw exactly what you're seeing.  I had extended warranty on the phone with Verizon at the time and had the phone replaced with an updated unit, or either, when I got it and turned it on, the update OTA was there waiting to download.

If you have no warranty at all, you may wind up having to send it to LG for repair.  The VZW SUA has never worked for me on any phone and when OTA updates failed for me, I never had luck with Factory Resets either.

0 Likes
mailord

Im on DR, cant send it to LG to repair 😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate this information, mailord. In order to receive an over the air update, your phone must be operating on the Verizon Wireless network. Since you are currently outside of our network, you would need to wait until you return to the United States to complete the update.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
mailord

And there its no other way to update it?

On Feb 27, 2016 10:00 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand that receiving this update is important, mailord. The phone must be active on the Verizon Wireless network in order to receive the update we have authorized. Are you currently a Verizon Wireless customer? Will you be returning to the United States in the near future?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes