i need help with problems after the April 2015 update
SiBlMe
Enthusiast - Level 1

In December 2015 I purchased an LG G3. It started out great. Then often people couldn't hear me..sometimes with the speaker on, sometimes with it off, sometimes on bluetooth with my car,.or my voice faded in and out, or sounded muffled or garbled.  After over a month of these frequent audio problems and several calls to Verizon during which they boosted my signal and guided me through a factory reset which took all of my photos out of their albums, the final suggestion a few days ago (April 21, 2015) was to download the new software update. I did and I'm not happy with some of the changes e.g. I wish I could have the old  home touch buttons back,The jury is still out on sounds quality, but now I have two new annoying problems.

The first is that my car and phone used to bluetooth (connect) as soon as I put my engine on. Now, every time I get in my car I have to go into settings and give the phone permission to have other devices find my phone. Then after one or two tries the bluetooth eventually connects them. I am a Realtor and I need my phone and car to connect automatically every time I get in. I can give the phone permission to connect for up to an hour, but then it goes off. How do I get the opton to stay on?

The second is that I often turn my data off, and I used to do it from the notification panel that I can pull down. I just pulled it down and tapped "data" and the light would go off if the data was off and on if it was on.  Now when I tap "data" I can turn it on or off, but the data button stays lit so when the data is off the light is still on. No more quickly glancing to see the data status...I have to tap it and read the notice to find out. Yes, 3G or 4G light up in tiny letters at the top, but data is the only button that stays lit when it is turned off.

Am I missing the steps that would fix these issues?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i need help with problems after the April 2015 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
3241, sounds like you have done a lot of the troubleshooting on your own, which is great! Since it seems to be working fine while the phone is in safe mode that would narrow down to a 3rd party application causing the issue. I would recommend on going through and removing any 3rd party applications off the device one at a time and test out the function. So this way we can figure out which application is causing this. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
SiBIMe,

I am sorry to hear of the issues with your device before and after the update. We want to restore the love back to your device. Please keep us posted on the audio issues to see if the update did assist with that issues.

In regards to the two new problems, we want to make sure we get this worked out. Do you have issues with the device only auto connecting to your car or all bluetooths?  Do you receive and error message when the device doesn't auto connect and you attempt to connect manually but it fails? As for the data icon, when you tab on the data icon from the notification tab does the 4G actually disappear even thought the data icon is still lit?
Please test your device in Safe mode and let us know if you still experience the same issues. Here is how to place the device in safe mode. http://vz.to/1owbN8K

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
cimozone

Same here. I turn data off, and notification icon stays lit. Only thing that turns it off is a restart.

0 Likes

Same here. Updated my G3 to Lollipop 5.1. Now when I slide down the notification panel to turn off the data, I tap the button, ask if I want to turn off mobile data, I tap yes, but when I come back it is still lit. I have to the Mobile Data Settings to make sure it is off or I'll use up my data. I've also had this happen when trying to turn off the Sync from the notification panel. I turn it off but the Icon on the main screen still shows it is trying to sync.

Did a factory reset and the problem was gone but came back again.

Tried the safe boot and the problem went away (for now) but so were the Widgets I had on the screens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
3241, sounds like you have done a lot of the troubleshooting on your own, which is great! Since it seems to be working fine while the phone is in safe mode that would narrow down to a 3rd party application causing the issue. I would recommend on going through and removing any 3rd party applications off the device one at a time and test out the function. So this way we can figure out which application is causing this. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes