lg g3 lollipop?
mlcooke258
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will we get lollipop for LG G3?  Will it be 5.0 or 5.1?  Come on VZ provide some info!!!

Labels (2)
Re: lg g3 lollipop?
stevenr64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would also like to know this. It seems like every time I ask about this I get stonewalled and I don't get an answer. The only thing I was told (in January) was that the update would come in late March. Well March is about to be over...what's going on?

Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Considering all of the headache 5.0 caused (23.A) from the OTA someone gleaned from Verizon early last month [read: not authorized for public consumption] I would have to imagine Big V has moved on to prepping their version of 5.1 for the masses.  That said if the change reset their timetable in the slightest then I think a safe prediction would be a June release date AT BEST!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Other G3 handsets on other carriers are having problems with 5.0 like the Verizon S5 is.  I wouldn't rush it.

0 Likes
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like the G2 is getting lollipop but not G3 yet. Here's to hoping they are working on 5.1 because otherwise this is ridiculous.  http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/30/lg-g2-on-verizon-gets-lollipop-today-your-g3-still-cant-have-it...

jayare
Contributor - Level 2

We can't assume the G3 will ever see 5.1. There has been no official word from LG that they even intend to push 5.1 to the G3. It will come with the G4, but they have to build it for the G3 long before VZW could update. I don't think we'll see 5.1. LG put out 5.0.2, so I think they are done with the G3.

Now, didn't T-Mobile just release 5.0 for the G2 and G3 at the same time?

Snn5
Legend

Verizon pushed 5.0.2 to the G2.

0 Likes
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

So let me get this straight. We won't be seeing 5.1 on the G3? haha

0 Likes
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

Until LG states they plan to upgrade the device to 5.1, there is nothing Verizon can do.

I would also suggest, though there has been a few people experiencing problems with 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, there have not been widespread problems. If VZW is experiencing problems on the G3, it must have to do with their bloatware. In fact, until these companies stop putting bloatware on phones, there will always be problems.

As for those who suggest we should just be happy with KK, remember, one of the main reasons for updates is to address vulnerabilities, both known and unknown. The longer it takes to get an update out, the more vulnerable we are to attacks and problems. (Yes, Android is subject to malware.)

0 Likes
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

Actually there are multiple issues with 5.0.1 on the G3. Verizon's 23A and 23B updates were released somehow and multiple people have wifi syncing issues because of IPv6.