my LG3 battery is draining and phone is hot
BethyB123

My LG3 phone has recently started draining too fast, even when not being used.  It has also been heating up, while sitting and with use.  All updates  have been installed and have deleted an app that was recently downloaded (a baseball app) to see if that would help.  It did not help.  I charged the phone to 100%, did not use, picked it up at least 3-4 hours and the phone was dead.  Any help is appreciated.  The phone is only about a year and a half years old and is very well cared for. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: my LG3 battery is draining and phone is hot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this battery mystery. Did you do any recent software updates?
NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BethyB123

YYes, at the beginning of April.  I have reset settings, cleared out browser cookies, cache, etc.  Removed battery and reinserted.  Still continues to run hot.

0 Likes
jpc00007

similar issue with my LG G3.  runs hot, battery drains fast, and recharges very slowly.  How do I fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jpc00007-

I know how concerning having a battery issue is. We want your phone to run smoothly. When did this issue begin? Any recent app download or software update?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BethyB123

started having issues after the last update at beginning of April, and recent download of Cardinals app.  Have since deleted app and reset phone but continues to have issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BethyB123,

Thanks for sharing those additional details. Updates are meant to improve a devices performance and we definitely want to make sure it does just that. What steps did you take to reset the device? Was it reset to factory settings seen here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112585/? If so, then there may be an underlying hardware issue and the device may need to be replaced if still within warranty. To replace the device through warranty you can reach out to our Technical Support by dialing 800-922-0204.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MCMILLCLAN

My phone is also draining battery since the last update. Phone gets extremely hot. I have only a few necessary apps. I have an LG 3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MCMILLCLAN,

Oh no! We want nothing more for you to be able to have a reliable battery. Let’s work together to get to the bottom of the battery drainage & also the phone getting hot. We don’t want for you to injure yourself. How long ago did you do the software update? Do you notice the phone getting hot when you do something in particular on the phone? Do you get a heat warning message at all?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
brwneyddtchfrmgrl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine has the same problem. I had to install a battery saver app and phone cooler. It really does help.

0 Likes