my phone is sending duplicate text messages to Android and iOS recipients, both Verizon and non-Verizon customers
goldlef
Enthusiast - Level 2

my phone is sending duplicate text messages to Android and iOS recipients, both Verizon and non-Verizon customers;

I can always anticipate when this is going to occur because the message doesn't immediately send despite my having a strong cell signal.

Labels (2)
Re: my phone is sending duplicate text messages to Android and iOS recipients, both Verizon and non-Verizon customers
Dhaas15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing a similar issue.  Started a few weeks ago. Highly irritating...

0 Likes
Re: my phone is sending duplicate text messages to Android and iOS recipients, both Verizon and non-Verizon customers
Snn5
Legend

Clear out the cache and or data from the texting app in the phone settings - apps - all - "texting app"

OranL
Enthusiast - Level 1

This immediately fixed my issues on an HTC One M8. By posting this solution, you have automatically become my m8 (read: mate). 🙂

goldlef
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clearing the cache didn't work.

I stopped the native messaging application and started using the Verizon Message+ app...It's only been a week, but no one has informed me they've received duplicates. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
OranL
Enthusiast - Level 1

You kind of confirm the problem. It is application-specific, and not a carrier issue. Although, I would ask every one of the people you text before coming to a conclusion. Most people won't say anything after receiving the same text 10 times in a row. Source: I've been dealing with this problem for over a week now, each time thinking I'd figured out a solution, when in fact it was just that people got used to receiving a hundred texts from me in a row. It wasn't until they stopped responding to basic questions that I wondered what was still going on. I will re-post if there's still an issue after clearing the application's cache.