Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
my phone is sending duplicate text messages to Android and iOS recipients, both Verizon and non-Verizon customers
goldlef

my phone is sending duplicate text messages to Android and iOS recipients, both Verizon and non-Verizon customers;

I can always anticipate when this is going to occur because the message doesn't immediately send despite my having a strong cell signal.

Labels (1)
Re: my phone is sending duplicate text messages to Android and iOS recipients, both Verizon and non-Verizon customers
Dhaas15

I am experiencing a similar issue.  Started a few weeks ago. Highly irritating...

0 Likes
Re: my phone is sending duplicate text messages to Android and iOS recipients, both Verizon and non-Verizon customers
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Clear out the cache and or data from the texting app in the phone settings - apps - all - "texting app"

OranL

This immediately fixed my issues on an HTC One M8. By posting this solution, you have automatically become my m8 (read: mate). 🙂

goldlef

Clearing the cache didn't work.

I stopped the native messaging application and started using the Verizon Message+ app...It's only been a week, but no one has informed me they've received duplicates. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
OranL

You kind of confirm the problem. It is application-specific, and not a carrier issue. Although, I would ask every one of the people you text before coming to a conclusion. Most people won't say anything after receiving the same text 10 times in a row. Source: I've been dealing with this problem for over a week now, each time thinking I'd figured out a solution, when in fact it was just that people got used to receiving a hundred texts from me in a row. It wasn't until they stopped responding to basic questions that I wondered what was still going on. I will re-post if there's still an issue after clearing the application's cache.