quiet ring
phill10

ever since the last update, I can't hear my LG G3 ring or when I get notifications, any advice?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: quiet ring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phill10 - It's no fun missing a call or notification. Let's get your G3 back in tune. Is the ringer volume low for normal sound connections or only when connected to bluetooth? When you go into Settings>Sound & notification>Volume are your Ringtone and Notification Sounds turned all the way up?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phill10

it is only when bluetooth is on and my sounds are all the way up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Phill10, that does seem like a very strange. I want to make sure that your able to have the volume. While the audio is playing and it is connected to your bluetooth if you press the volume up key does that help with turning up the phone? Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phill10

Everything else on the phone works as it did before the update, when my bluetooth headset is turned on that is when my phone rings quiet.  I drive a commercial vehicle and am required to have hands free and when I'm going down the road I can't hear my phone ring.  Is there a fix to the update on this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Phill10, I can understand the urgency of having you be hand free and being able to hear the phone ring. When you have your bluetooth paired to your device and someone calls you, can you hear the ringing from the bluetooth headset?
KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phill10

No, I've never been able to hear that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s narrow this issue down and have it resolved once and for all phill10. No reports show that the software update changed the ring volume. However, it can be a safety feature enhancement that was made incase the Bluetooth is being worn. Have you tried connecting other Bluetooths to the device to see if this might be the issue? You tried connecting your current Bluetooth to another device? We will narrow this down together.

JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
Dwightdr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try turning off Google now voice search, I believe this is the culprit.

0 Likes
phill10

I tried other bluetooth devices and as soon as they are on the ring tone goes quiet.  While the phone is ringing amd you turn bluetooth off the ring gets loud back to normal volume.

0 Likes