"Server Not Available" when checking email
Regalhank

This has been a problem for almost a year.  I've visited multiple Verizon stores and asked numerous techs for help and no one can figure this out.  Many of them have tried changing settings but it keeps happening.  When I go to download my email (Verizon Yahoo email), very often it will try to update for a second or two and then say "server unavailable, try later".  This happens at home on my wireless network and on the 4G network out in the world.  It does not seem to make a difference where I am.  This was not the case originally with the phone which I have had for 1 1/2 years.  Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: "Server Not Available" when checking email
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you removed the email account from the device? Have you verified the mobile server settings from the Verizon Residential side of the company? Have you tried the Yahoo application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: "Server Not Available" when checking email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Regalhank,

1-year of having this issue is too long. I can certainly understand your frustration per this issue should have been resolved on your first contact with Verizon Wireless. We definitely say Thank You for your hard work in an effort to fix this issue. Let's continue troubleshooting to resolve this. When this issue occurs are you able to check your mail online via the device web browser successfully https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.partner=vz-acs&.otp=n ? This information would help us rule out if the issue is with Verizon Yahoo mail server or the device default mail application.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes