switch to lefthand screen
vandergri
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I am a new user of this phone, and can't seem to find this information.

How to switch from left hand screen to right.

Also, which of the following use data or cost when using phone: Widgets(weather) on home screen ; user manual ; checking data usage ; using help app ; voice input keyboard.

I am using small amounts of data, and I can't figure out where I am using it.

Thanks,

Jack

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: switch to lefthand screen
Snn5
Legend

I still don't quite get the situation, but maybe I can guess here.  Menu-Settings-Display-Front touch buttons.  Oh, I think I understand now...Menu--everything is reversered, left on right right on left.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

If you are talking about one-hand operation where the keyboard sits to one side or the other you go to  Settings-Language and Input--tap LG Keyboard (the gear icon) scroll down to One-handed operation and make sure that gets unchecked.  As far as the data goes, even with Mobile Data off you will use about 3-5 MB a month as system updates and locations and Verizon data is transmitted and synced.

0 Likes
vandergri
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had already found the "one handed setup", but that isn't y situation. I probably didn't explain correctly.

Example: I go to settings. The list topics are on the right side of the screen, and the on/off keys are on the left side of the screen. Just the opposite of how they were. I click a button somewhere to change it. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I still don't quite get the situation, but maybe I can guess here.  Menu-Settings-Display-Front touch buttons.  Oh, I think I understand now...Menu--everything is reversered, left on right right on left.

Snn5
Legend

Do you have developer options enabled?  If so,  go to menu-settings-dev options- scroll to Drawing-Force RTL layout direction.  Uncheck.  That's about all I can think of.

0 Likes
vandergri
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, You explained it correctly.

Menu--everything is reversed, left on right right on left.

Now, how to correct it?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Glad that worked.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vandergri
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry Snn5, I responded before I saw You're lat post. I am not sure if I  have developer options enabled. Where do I find this? I have not been able to correct the situation yet.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If it isn't listed near the bottom of the list in Menu-Settings, you really don't need it.  You will never use it.  But, if you feel the need:  Menu-Settings-About Phone-Software information-Tap Build number 5-10 times.

And for some extra fun do the same tapping on Android Version in the same software info screen.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Check you accessibility options to see if there is a left handed mode.

As far as data goes. Weather checks for updates every 5 minute (can change this but forget where).  It uses data. voice dictation doesn't use data. Also there could be background data usage from apps like facebook, twitter, and the like.