Has anyone been having touch response issues with their LG G4

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: touch resonse problems with LG G4
TJ311
Enthusiast - Level 2

My G4 has had the touchscreen response problem from day 1. Happens with our without screen protector. Happens more frequently if I have the phone plugged in. It's especially bad when trying to use my knock code to unlock the screen. Based on what I've read on the internet, it's a known issue by LG. I read that they put out an update to fix the issue for the international version. Maybe they're working on a fix for the U.S. version.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/06/new-lg-g4-users-reporting-touch-screen-issues.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Coreyd2105, we want to ensure you are getting the best device experience! With the touchscreen of your G4 having some response concerns, we want to ensure we look into this for you. Just a couple of quick questions to see if we can narrow down in what can be causing this.  Do you have a screen protector or the plastic film from packaging still on your phone? The capacitive touch screen requires your skin to touch the screen. So if you are using a screen protector your screen may not work as designed.

Also how long has this been happening? Is this happening intermittent or consistently? One thing I would like for you to try is called Safe Mode: http://spr.ly/6583B6gnN Once in this mode, can you try to see if the touchscreen works better for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
coreyd2105
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well i'm actually not a big fan of screen protectors so i don't have one of

them on and this has actually been going on since i received the phone. I

thought it would get better over time but it didn't. The experience that i

am experiencing is when typing for example, some letters may not get

punched in when pressed, althought i pushed the letter. The same go for

selecting different things on the screen sometime whatever i press on

screen hust doesn't respond. Eventually it does, but not as smooth as it

should be.

On Jun 14, 2015 9:27 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't think the LG G4 has the option to increase touch sensitivity, but just in case, have you looked for it? Mine is under Settings>Display

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You have 14 days to return it to the store where you bought it for a Brand New out of box replacement for defect. On day 15 you will receive a warranty claim and the phone will be a Certified Like New Replacement and may or may not be brand new. I would say go to the store and get a new one if you're having issues and it hasn't been 14 days since you purchased it.

coreyd2105
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay i just checked and no options for touch sensibilities.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Please see my response and take my advice. I would hat for you to come back here complaining that VZW did not work with you because you were outside of the stated guidelines.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That was my thought, but worth taking a look.

Before you run off to the store, if you have time to answer a few more questions:

Your phone is free of any grease? Your hands also? You're not wearing gloves? Have to ask, I know you said it's been going on from the start, but maybe you really like fries...(:

Does it happen all the time? Like it perhaps has "dead" spots on it? No matter if you're using the keyboard, browsing internet, writing e-mail, playing games etc.

Have you tried to delete the cache and data from your keyboard? I believe it would be under Settings>Application Manager>scroll to all (then find the name of your keyboard you use, for instance mine is "Samsung keyboard")

0 Likes
coreyd2105
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're funny "fries". Really? Lol

Well from my research this what i found.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/06/new-lg-g4-users-reporting-touch-screen-issues.html

0 Likes
coreyd2105
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay i actually  got it offline

0 Likes