Re: very disappointed with call quality
Snn5
Legend

Verizon only sells devices and services.  Verizon needs phones for their network to work, manufacturers need a network for their phone to work on.  So, issues with the network go to Verizon and issues with the device go to the manufacturer.  Verizon is limited as to what they know how to do for each device.  Thats why the community is here, to help when no other answers can be found or if you need an answer quicker than email. 

0 Likes
Brad6821
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand Verizon's relationship with LG and how it is mutually beneficial for them to do business together.  The problem lies with the function of the product and who I pay every month to use said product.  I signed a contract with Verizon, not with LG.  Verizon has an interest in my continued business, not LG.  Verizon has customer service and tech reps to troubleshoot devices and doesn't send me off to LG because they understand that I'm their customer, not LGs customer. 

Now that I have an issue beyond the scope of Verizon's interest, I'm going to be hung out to dry.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for the details. You surely shouldn't have to go through extreme measures to have a working device. This is why we have the manufacturer's warranty to replace the phone if there is a defect that's not caused by damage.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Brad6821
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no damage.  All of the Verizon troubleshooting steps have been followed.  The problem still persists and I do not have a working device.  How many time would you like me to repeat this?

0 Likes
Brad6821
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got a phone call today from Verizon Executive Relations.  They are sending me a Samsung Galaxy S5 as a direct replacement for my LG G3 because of the ongoing issue and the apparent lack of a solution from LG.

Just to be clear, I've been frustrated with the device and the "dead end" I thought I was at but everybody I've spoken with at Verizon has done their best to help and now with the end in sight I can honestly say that I'll be a happy customer once again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Careful with that S5 update.  You'll be in the same boat again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Brad6821, it's important to us that you have a properly working device. Are you having issues with your device? As a reflection of our commitment to you, we provide a one year manufacturer warranty. The warranty will provide you with the same make/model in exchange for your defective phone. Please be advised that this phone replacement option does not cover physical or liquid damage.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
pburdon

I'm curious if they charged you the 40.00 to activate the new phone.  I have been trying for almost a year to get some insight as to why I can't have good call quality consistently, and nobody can tell me.  They never offered me a new phone Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the best service possible. What specific issues are you running into? Is this only in a certain area or everywhere?

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BPT323

lucky you,  i've had the same ongoing issue with my phone since purchase, & the replacement they sent me. unable to have conversations on anything but speakerphone is unacceptable. additionally the cross feedback from speakerphone causes any automated system to think you hit phone number buttons. 

0 Likes