Verizon 4g internet
davidcamarra1
Enthusiast - Level 1

When i load direct tv stream  on my roku tv i get a message "opps something went wrong". This is after it loads for a few seconds. Then if I reboot (ie: unplug and plug it back in) the router its fine and does not do it again, Until the next day when i restart the tv. I need a solution to this problem.

I used to have swift internet and did not have this problem. 

Dave

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 4g internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having a problem with a Direct TV stream, Dave. Are you asble to use other apps and use Data? What zip code are you in?  -Joe

0 Likes
davidcamarra

When the problem with direct tv happens it seems to be just with them. The other day I unplugged the router before doing anything and the tv was fine. It seems like the router needs to be reconnected with the cell signal for DIrect tv to work. I say that it works ok with other apps because when Direct tv gives the error and i get out of direct tv and load another app and go back to direct tv it is ok. That is without turning anything off.  It's all very strange. 

I'm going to try putting it on a timer to reset once in the early morning to see if that solves the problem. I'm not there everyday as it is a summer home. But I will be renting it and do not want the renters to have to deal with it.
I'm in the zip code 04622. Cherryfield Maine. 
I have full bars or at least 4 bars on my phone at the house. And once everything is working it never searches for a signal. 

David Camarra
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dave, sorry for the issues you're encountering. Are you the issues you're experiencing with your phone's hotspot or is this with your home internet? 

~Ivone

0 Likes
davidcamarra

Its verizon 4g internet

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, davidcamarra1, I just wanted to reach out to see if you are still experiencing an issue. If so, we are standing by to help. Please provide additional details so we can best assist you.

-Lauren

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details! In this case, if this is only happening with one app specifically, it would point to a problem with the app itself, as you mentioned that you are able to use any other app without the need to restart the router. We would recommend reaching out directly to DirectTV to check what additional troubleshooting steps can be taken to avoid this issue.

~Freddy

0 Likes
davidcamarra

I did not want to mention it was mostly on direct tv because i knew you would blame it on them. Before i had verizon 4g i had Swift Net which ran off your network. I had no problems with direct tv then or any other app. Its only sense using your modem.  I do not live there its a summer home. I will be spending a long weekend there this week and a full week in June. I will see what happens then.

But again i say when i unplug the router before i turn on the tv i have no problems. So that tells me the modem is having to reset the signal. 

Dave

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's indeed important to not just jump to conclusions and decide the issue is with just one single item. When you do visit the location, we do ask that you check to see if you have issues using any other applications on the smart TV. If the connection is strong and maintained, and all other data/internet apps are working, then just based on my experience, that indicates an issue with the specific app. Please feel free to message us again, and let us know what you find after your trip. 

-John

0 Likes