A Cautionary Tale on Verizon's $200 Giftcard Offer
Christophe99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Buyer beware Verizon will make it very difficult to redeem your $200 gift cards for switching. I switched 3 lines over from Tmobile. Verizon was offering $200 gift cards per line for switching. I never received notifications on redeeming the offer even though they said to check for it. I contacted support multiple times and got the run around.  Of course they'll respond and act like they want to help but you'll get nowhere. This went on for 2 months. Finally got a rep to give me the promo code that I needed to redeem the offer. I thought to myself "gee why wasn't it this easy the first several times I tried?". Well it turns out by then I was no longer eligible because it was too late. Now mind you I have it on record that I contacted support multiple times within the timeframe and each time I got the runaround until it was too late.  I literally contacted them 5 days after my purchase to get the promo code and got no help. Now my redemption has officially been denied so Verizon doesn't have to pay me $600 worth of gift cards. The fact there are so many people having problems redeeming this offer is no accident. Well now they got me locked in for 2 years but you can be sure that as soon as my contract is up I'm switching. Right off the bat Verizon has shown that they are an unethical company. I will never give them my business again.

22 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you're getting every single promotion you're eligible for. We're going to send you a Private Note so we can assist.

~Jesse

0 Likes
Christophe99
Enthusiast - Level 2

My rebate has already been denied due to it not being submitted on time. My issue is that the process was very difficult and it appears to be purposeful. The fact that so many others are having problems redeeming the offer doesn't seem to be a coincidence. Had the customer service rep provided the promo code when I asked then my rebate would've been submitted in time.  I asked for assistance with a few days of purchase. The rep I spoke to would not provide the code and told me I had to speak with the porting team. Of course when I called the number I was on hold forever and finally gave up. I read in two separate areas where it said rebates must be submitted within 30 days and another where it said 60 days. Well which is it?  At this point my rebates have already been denied so unless there's some other recourse then it's wasting my time just like all the time I've spend trying to get this rebate the past 2 months.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we're sorry to lean you're having issues with your eGift card. The last thing we want is for this to be a difficult process for our customers. We will send you a private note to further assist. 

~Ivone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're following up on your post. Let us know if you still need assistance. ~Peter

0 Likes
Christophe99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the follow up. I'm happy to say that the issue was resolved and satisfied with the outcome. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's awesome! Have an amazing day and if you haven't heard about our rewards program here's a great link: m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial-Joe

0 Likes
ChristopherCulver

Hello I’m another VZW customer and I want to know how you was able to resolve your gift card issue because I need help with the same thing except my gift card is the physical vzw gift card

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Christopher. We would love to help. What services did you sign up for? What promotion are you referring to? Was this Fios service or wireless?-Joe

0 Likes
EB27

Did anyone help you I received a 200.00 black Verizon gift card with red check mark and haven’t been able to use it Keeps saying INVSLID OR ZERO BALANCE  I received it for adding a new line been a customer 21 years Phone assistance useless Now they want me to go into a physical store and call them Feels illegal after seeing all the trouble customers are having

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read about the issue with the gift card. Have you contacted us?  What were you told? ~Peter

0 Likes
Ranjith593

I contacted over 10 times, they raised many requests and it’s still unresolved. I am tired of calling, verizon has bad customer service, planning to move all lines to Tmobile soon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ranjith593. Please don't leave. Let us help you here. No need to call. We want to review your promotional details to find options for complete answers and resolution. Please reply to the  private message that will follow here.

-Deb

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you still need assistance, we are just one message away. Have a nice day!

~Maria

0 Likes
Ranjith593

I have switched to verizon and still did not receive the $200 GC or any notification/email about it. It’s past one month

0 Likes
beejay1

Hi Jesse,

The exact thing happened to me, but only with 2 switched over lines. I was about to contact BBB before seeing this. Can you help?

thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m saddened you’ve been having trouble beejay1. We’ve sent a Private Note, so we can assist further.

-John

0 Likes
Wmuonio

I bought internet today and was told I would get a $200 target gift card and I have no idea how or where to get it.  Nothing appears in my email or on my app.. I bought internet and two new iPhone and just recently switched from T-mobile today. It says it must be submitted by: 04/17/2024 and it’s already 7:40PM and I have no clue what to do. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@Wmuonio  wrote: I bought internet today and was told I would get a $200 targ et gift card and I have no idea how or where to get it.

Wmuonio, Congratulations on your new service! We certainly want to make sure that you are able to complete the redemtpion process for your exciting offer. The below steps will take you through the redmeption process and can be completed either My Verizon Online or My Verizon app.

1. Access the rebate from Account Activity & Notifications. 
2. Review information and click Submit.

Result: The customer receives the Target GiftCard via email within 8 weeks of submission.

-Andi

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here ready to assist should you still need help. If you would prefer, there are other support channels that we have as well based on what best fits your needs. We look forward to assisting you with your $200 gift card offer.

https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/#mobile

0 Likes
Ranjith593

I  have the same issue, $200 gift card for switching still not in place. Never received any notification or email. Contacted verizon multiple times and no help

0 Likes