Re: NFL Sunday Ticket Promotion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Byuasu, we're terribly sorry for the issues you're having with the promotion. We would love to help with this situation. I will be sending you a private note to further assist. 

~Ivone

0 Likes
13_Years_with_V
Enthusiast - Level 2

"You qualify for" and therein lies the problem. Your once excellent now awful customer service system is filled with misinformed representatives who are literally causing this Sunday ticket problem.  Your response to this customer should say, "the promotions that you were promised."

0 Likes
13_Years_with_V
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded my phone line and my phone on Aug 23.
I worked with a customer service agent on Chat. 

• Me: I want to do what I need to do to get free Sunday Ticket
  • Customer Service Agent: No problem. Upgrade your phone line and your phone and you'll be set.

We worked through the process and concluded with the promise that I had done what I need to do to get the free promotion. It's all recorded in black and white in their chat records. 

After not receiving an email, I tried to resolve it through the nightmarishly slow Chat process, only to jump off the conversation in frustration multiple times. 

I then called in to customer service. After getting suckered by the Sunday Ticket prompt and dumped off to the not very helpful webpage, I called back and spoke to a live agent. Customer Service: "Sir, you have done everything to qualify for the promo. Look for the email on Thursday." Thursday, September 7 came, but no email.  I called customer service again.  Me: "Hey, no email wassup?" Customer Service, "Sorry, sir. We're running behind. You definitely qualify for the promotion. You will receive an email tomorrow. I will personally call you back between 10AM and 11Am to verify that everything is taken care of. Friday afternoon, Sept 8, still no email. I called into customer service. Me: "Still no email." Customer Service, "Actually, sir, you are not qualified because you upgraded to an iPhone 14 and iPhone products were not included." For the first time in my 55 years on Earth, I asked, rather insistently to speak to a manager. Bottom line, the manager reviewed everything and told me I only qualified for the $100 discount.  She reviewed the Chat conversation from when I go the phone. Customer Service Manager: It does not make a difference. You are not qualified. Me: So, after 13 years with Verizon, it comes to this? I hate leave but ok. As you wish.

I cancelled my oldest phone line the next day. All my family lines are going to Xfinity (processing with them this afternoon) and on September 25, after my mandatory 1 month for a new line is done, I'll pay off he phone and move my last line to Xfinity. 

Verizon, your customer service has been going down the crapper for about a year now. I can live with that, but it pains me to leave after 13 years as a satisfied customer. For me, it is purely a matter of principle at this point. 

Extremely Disappointed Customer.

13_Years_with_V
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same boat. Leaving today. I was lied to by multiple people at Verizon on this one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you had this negative experience, and we would hate to lose your preference after all these years. To better assist you, we will be sending a private note.

~Freddy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know I would be upset if I was expecting something and then told later to have to wait longer, sundayticket2023. That would be about as disappointing as watching the Bears on Sunday. The great news is we are here to help. Please be on the lookout for a private note from us, so we can best assist.

-Joseph

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion, NYAtty. I know I would be equally upset if I learned later I did not qualify. We'd be happy to take a second look into this. Please be on the lookout for a private note from us so we can better assist.

-Joseph

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to catch all the great action with the NFL Sunday Ticket.  We are eager to review your account and the NFL promotion,  continuing where you left off a few days ago.  Assistance is just a few clicks away.  Please respond to the Private Note being sent to get started.

-Deb

0 Likes
tamtam81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact thing happened here. HORRIBLE customer service and hours and wasted on the phone with yet still not resolution.  It has been awful and has completely changed my view of Verizon and their customer service. 

0 Likes
Jr365

SAME exact thing happened to me. Totally lied to by the sales people.  Made many calls and wasted a ton of time. Lost all confidence in verizon.  My next calls are shopping around for a new carrier.  

0 Likes