Re: Anyone else being inundated with pop-up ads since latest system update?
MGN1010
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, so good - no ads have appeared on either phone since diabeling

Peel.

Thanks for your help!

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017, 7:27 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
STEBAK14

I don't have Peel Remote and I was getting inundated with ads too.  One ad had a Google play arrow on it so I clicked it and found info on disabling Google ads. (Settings>Google).  I tried that so we will see. 

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

Moto Z Droid Edition and Moto Z Force Droid Edition Software Update | Verizon Wireless

The latest update added AppFlash so start with disabling it.   There is another Verizon system app called Mobile Services Manager that automatically downloads and installs apps on your phone.  Disable it.  Then look for and uninstall any apps it installed in the background.

Screenshot_20180129-080209.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TINST13,

Let's continue to work together with alleviating these unwanted pop-ups. I'd like for you to put your device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/2gVivCC and advise us of any new results.

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LISCAR39

Yes, so annoying!!!  Seems every time my phone has an update this happens.  I have a Moto Z.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LISCAR, as a Z Force user myself, I do know how annoying some of those changes can be. I want to ensure everything is running smoothly on your Z. Are you currently seeing ads or getting any Force Close or "app has stopped" messages that you'd like our assistance with?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Indie1717

Very annoying, do not like this latest update

0 Likes