Battery draining fast
LIBBRO95
Enthusiast - Level 1

What the [removed] is going on with the battery drainage? Verizon can't do anything for me but have me give them more money for another piece of phone? Why is the battery draining so ridiculously fast?. I can't take my "mobile" phone anywhere! Verizon, if you can't find the fix for the problem or work with your customers, Sprint, here I come. I'm done with this stupid stuff! It's completely annoying and extremely expensive to continue to pay for a piece of [removed] phone.

Content edited as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
Re: Battery draining fast
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIBBRO95, we'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family over issues with the battery in your device. How long have you been having problems with your battery life? Since your battery life has been draining faster than average, has there been any changes to the device (new apps or software update)? How long does the battery last on a full charge? Please provide me with more details.

Kevin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LIBBRO95
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm no longer "mobile" with this phone battery! I'm having to charge and boot this thing after 10 minutes of use! This has gone on for about month too long!. Don't ask me to go through a series of check this or that! I've read the threads, I've followed suggestions, I've tried them all! My husband has the same issue with his moto z. My neighbor has the same issue with her moto z. My aunt in another state has the same issue with her Moto z. There needs to be a recall on the defected devices and a total replacement with a new and I do mean by "New" phone, preferably not another Moto z. Verizon has sold millions of these and I bet my months income we're not the only people dealing with this. So why can't you seem to do what's right and offer us a customer service satisfaction by allowing these phones to be turned in and a new phone for replacement without the cost of a retail priced phone.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIBBRRO95, we completely understand wanting to have a fully working phone in your hands ASAP. Please know we do need to gather some information and ensure all troubleshooting has been done before looking into warranty replacements. This is to help you get the phone working so you don't need to wait for a replacement. Have there been any changes to the device when the issue started (new apps, updates, settings)? How are you charging the phone (original charger, outlet, USB)? What troubleshooting steps have you completed already (please be specific)?

Steven_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LILCHICELEVEN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Battery dies after 2 hours. Have to keep plugged in all the time . Did battery check, health check, battery saver. I have never dropped, immersed in water etc. My last phone lasted me 4 years. I have no insurance, I take care of my phone it's only 1 1/2 years old. Can we get a new update to fix this problem?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my phone to stay charged. Let's get this figured out LILCHICELEVEN. Are you noticing any apps using more battery power under the batter manager screen? Can you recalibrate the battery?

Press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10secs)
Plug phone into the OEM Turbocharger
Allow the phone to charge to 100% (leave on the charger overnight).

If the behavior persists, please provide screenshots of the entire Battery screen. (Settings > Battery > Usage Details).

Alberto_VZW

0 Likes
RACHEL1116
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is doing the same thing! I now have to keep it constantly plugged in or it will quit at whatever battery percentage it wants to. This is the third Moto Z Force I've had go bad in less than two years. I am absolutely disgusted because this is a $700 dollar phone! It should last up to two years at the very least. Without a battery pack or a plug in my phone is useless now. I don't even own a computer that expensive and they last much longer. I've never had so much trouble with a phone. I can't believe they charge so much and then take no responsibility when their product is defective. My phone has had battery issues for nearly a year now. My mom's Moto Z started doing the battery draining after that update too. How can they stand by these products?! How can they get away with charging so much for a fatally defective phone?! Have you seen any lawsuits against them yet? Even paying the deductible for insurance is a blow especially when I shouldn't have to.

Sincerely

Rachel

LILCHICELEVEN
Enthusiast - Level 1

What email can I send you screenshots? This one rejected them

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't send images aka screenshots through the email reply to the community. You need to post images directly to the discussion thread. Be sure to remove any personal information from the images.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Richardjoline

Same issue.

Battery drains quickly.  Some apps drain the battery faster than others. This started only a month ago.  Before that the battery would last all day off the charger.  Even if I turn off WiFi and Bluetooth does not help.  Lately the battery will get down to about 30-35% than just shut off as if battery was dead.  Also in the past couple of weeks, if off charge any app drains it fast.  The battery just does not hold a charge any longer.

0 Likes