Battery life of Moto Droid Z
mlc1123

Recently, my phone has no battery life at all.  I do not use it for mobile hotspots, streaming, gaming or anything like that.

Just phone, text, & occassionally email, but I have to plug it in several times per day.

The Verizon corporate store store locally referred me to geniusphonerepair because Verizon doesn't have  battery and said it was never meant to be replaced.  It has been my experience that ALL rechargeable batteries need replaced at some point.

It is too early here for geniusrepair to answer their phones, then I noticed other's comments about the problem and not sure that a new battery will fix it.  I  NEED  SOME  ANSWERS !

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery life of Moto Droid Z
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having a battery that lasts mlc1123. We want to be sure to get this resolved. When did this issue begin? Are you using the original charger that came with the phone or are you using a different charger? About how long does the battery last after it is fully charged?

Rashad_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mlc1123

Thanks for replying. Yes, I use the original charger. It started a few

weeks ago and continues to get worse. It will only stay charged for about

4 hrs during the day and barely makes it the 8 hrs I'm sleeping. This is

so ANNOYING. I did find one repair shop who quoted me $200 to replace the

battery, with most of the cost being labor. I should not have to pay this

on a $750 device barely 18 months old.

I hope you can help me please.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 9:27 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having issues with your battery life is no fun, especially since we need our phones to function correctly for our daily activities. We feel your pain, the $200.00 quote to fix the issue would have surprised us as well. We want to get your problem resolved. Please use our troubleshooting assistant (available at vzw.com) to complete a few steps on your device to see if the issue gets fixed without having to pay any money. Here is the link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-moto-z-droid-edition-troubleshooting/#/main/device/....

Gilberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CINWIL73
Enthusiast - Level 3

So infuriating !  when is there going to be a fix for this problem ?

0 Likes