Can't make or receive phone calls on my Moto Z3 after Software update/Security patch
djferguson1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and me have had our phones for almost two years. Every time there is a software update we are unable to make or receive calls on our phones. I had restarted the phone several times, and I have also shut the phone off and then started it after five minutes.

This issue will last anywhere from one hour to several days. It doesn't always happen to both phones. In the case of the last update on Dec 3rd, 2020, version PDX29.84-51-11-7, my wife's phone was working as expected within an hour of the update Now 2 days (40 hours) after the update, my phone finally started receiving calls and is now able to call out. 

Going forward, how do I resolve the issue of delayed phone service with future updates? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't make or receive phone calls on my Moto Z3 after Software update/Security patch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of staying connected especially after a software update that should be improving the device function. What exactly happens when you attempt to make a call after the updates? 

0 Likes
Re: Can't make or receive phone calls on my Moto Z3 after Software update/Security patch
doremiteacher

This is a different person, but I have the same issue.  When trying to make a call, the call rings, then, when the other person picks up, my phone hangs up.  When someone tries to call me, I hear the ringing, but when I pick up the call hangs up.

This has happened three times now.  It's getting old....

0 Likes
Anthonyleeboy

This is happening to me on a galaxy s9.

0 Likes
janetr_92129

Same!! Says all circuits are busy

0 Likes
Mlpzx3

Same thing happening on my iPhone 12.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your device to work as it is supposed to. Does this occur every time you make a call, or only when you only when you are dialing a land line number? 

Brittany_VZW

0 Likes
VerM2021

I got the same problem today, My wife try to call me from her Galaxy S10 to my S10. I answered the call, then it handed up after 5~10 seconds. The last updated was April 20, 2021. Not sure what to do now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the ability to make calls is essential. I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble making/receiving calls. Rest assured, I would like to help. Where are you currently located (city, state)? What software version are you running? When did the trouble first start?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear of the issue you are having, we know it is critical to stay connected. I would be upset if my phone calls were being cut off. I know it sounds simple, but have you tried restarting? Is this happening outside as well as inside? What ZIP code are you in?

0 Likes