Can't send group e-mail on Moto z2 force e-mail
cricard

I just got a new Moto z2 force, and I am unable to use group addresses in e-mail. If I type the group name into the address field, it adds the @suffix.net from my e-mail account and treats it as an e-mail address. If I go to my contacts and try to select the group, there is NO option given to send a message, only to Edit or Delete when I press the three dots in the upper right hand corner for the menu options.

How can I send an e-mail to a group list without entering all of the recipients individually? The interactive tutorial on your website, under "How to send e-mail to a group" only explains how to enter recipients individually, NOT how to send it to a group that has been created in your contacts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send group e-mail on Moto z2 force e-mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cricard, we definitely want to help make it as easy as possible for you to send an email to a group. In order to provide the best support, we want to get some clarification. Can you tell us the email application that you're using when attempting to send the email? Is this group within your contacts specific to email addresses and not phone numbers? Can you please walk us through the steps that you've attempted so far so we can make sure that we're on the same page?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cricard

It is the motoemail version that was installed on my new motoz2 force phone when I got it last week. The version number is 00.07.0152.

The contacts in the group all have e-mail addresses.

I have tried entering the group name in the To: field, but when I hit enter, it simply turns it into groupname@comcast.net, and the auto complete doesn't kick in to give me a list of choices at all, let alone one that contains the group. I have tried tapping the To: field hoping for a menu or drop-down list from which to select the group, but nothing happens. I have tried going into my contacts, navigating to the group, and tapping the three dots/more option to get a menu of choices that I would expect should include "send e-mail", "send message", and "select all", but the ONLY choices in the menu are "edit" and "delete".

I have a group with 90 contacts in it that I use regularly for a newsletter. I really don't want to have to tap 90 different individual recipients to do this.

I also could find NO "select all" or "empty folder" option in the e-mail program or any of it's folders - something that comes in handy when emptying junk mail or old drafts. Same in the contacts - no selec

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cricard-

Yikes, that's quite a few contacts. So, I definitely understand not wanting to input them one by one. Let's try this, can you use an app specific to your email address (GMail, Xfinity, etc), if there is one available, to see if the group message goes through that way? If there is not an app available, can you try to send a group email by navigating to the email address website using Google Chrome on your device?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes