Cell tower reception issue
bjratl
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a major thunderstorm, a few months ago neighbors & I have complained about cell reception in the neighborhood. We have to keep moving around to find a location to pick up the call which fades in & out or is dropped. Can tower signal be checked?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell tower reception issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bjratl, having reliable service is always important. Allow us the opportunity to investigate. What services are impacted (calls, text, data)? May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code so we can accurately pinpoint your location? Also, how far do you have to travel from this location to receive a proper connection?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
bjratl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Sylvia.  The problem only affects calls both incoming & outgoing.  The problem reduces about a mile or two from my residence.

Major nearest intersections:  Dresden & Clairmont; Clairmont & Peachtree Blvd

Nearest intersection to my home: Parkridge Dr & Duke Rd

Address: Brookhaven (Atlanta) GA 30319

The problem seems to be wide spread within the Ashford Park neighborhood. There have been several mentions on our Nextdoor Neighborhood website. It only involves neighbors with Verizon, those with AT&T have mentioned that they are not experiencing this problem. That is why we think that that after the big storm something happened to the cell tower serving our neighborhood.

Thank you for trying to get this annoying problem resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bjratl

We do show that our towers in your area seem to be working as expected with no alarms. Although the towers are functioning properly, that doesn't mean that issues don't exist. Your ability to receive optimal signal will be based on your distance from the cell site, if the site has a clear line of sight to your location that would allow the Radio Frequency (RF) signal to penetrate into your area, terrain and tree foliage (heavier foliage does obstruct RF signal), new construction in the area among other environmental factors.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/

Does the issue happen while indoors only? What Type of phones do you have? Do you have internet (Wi-Fi) in your home?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
StefaniB699

Our whole office is having issues with cell Data, Text & Calls. It is very frustrating. We have called and got nowhere. I hope you can help us out. The addresses are  E. Hazelton Ave. and Wilson Ave in Stockton, CA

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have service you can depend on, at work or at home. This is what I expect, and what I want for you as well. How long has this been happening? What ZIP codes are impacted? Thanks in advance. - Rosie

0 Likes