Deleteing e-mails & syncing
javick63

When I delete e-mails from my droid phone...why don't they delete from my pc and vice versa?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deleteing e-mails & syncing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The email account is probably setup as a POP3 account type instead of IMAP or Exchange account type.

You will need to change how the email account is synced to the phone to have the deletion action by reflected on the server.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Deleteing e-mails & syncing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help, javick63. I know how important it is to make sure your email is set up correctly.

@Ann154, I appreciate you taking the time to help out our fellow community members.

@javick63,

What type of email account do you have on the phone? If you have a corporate email, you will need to reach out to your employer for assistance.

Have you checked to make sure you have the "Delete email from server" enabled? You need to have this enabled so the email is deleted from the server, when you delete it from the phone. Visit http://spr.ly/6589D9EGJ for steps on how to do this. Under step 9, is where you need to select "Delete email from server". Give this a try and keep us posted. 

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes