Droid Moto Z Battery Draining
TIFFMILLER75
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Droid Moto Z battery is draining quickly now.  When I look at the battery usage under Android OS, it says "mobile radio active" for hours.  I'm not on the radio on my phone, and no apps are open.  Anyone else having this issue?  I have looked everywhere, and I cannot figure out what is running.  I recently got a new Moto Z due to battery drain.  This one was working so well and now....

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: Droid Moto Z Battery Draining
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIFFMILLER75, I'm sorry to hear about your battery situation. Knowing about it's usage is important. The "mobile radio active" is normal, it's to indicate that your service is on. It should not drain your battery. Let's help you figure this out. When did you first noticed this issue?

Please send us a screenshot under your "Battery Status" Here's the link: http://spr.ly/6586DET3E.

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
1820N6450W
Enthusiast - Level 1

My MotoZ has had problems with rapid battery drain for months (phone is 12 months  old).  Read an article awhile back that stated that fast (20 minute) phone chargers should never be used as they eventually damage the phone battery and kill it's longevity.  Verizion sold my phone with a fast charger.  Hmmm...planned obsolescence?  Use a slow charger, (I use an old Blackberry charger with a USB-C converter), carry a fully charged portable charger and good luck.  After several months, my phone goes from 100% charge to 17% in two hours, but when recharged with slow charger, battery lasts for hours.

DEBCUM51

I am having the same issue to the point where my phone has to stay on charger all the time. I used my MapMyFitness app and nothing else and my battery went from 100% to zero in 20 minutes. Went to Verizon store, they told me I had to call Motorola. Called them and have had the most horrible customer service. I am now on day 4 of them trying to figure out how to send me a replacement phone because my order won't process thru their system but they have managed to charge my credit card.  If I didn't have so much invested in this phone, I would buy a different one.

0 Likes
pmchaffin

This phone was my first smartphone. I had a flip phone that was 5-7 years old. I have been a Verizon customer for 25 years. Dead serious. One of the many Verizon reps I have tried to talk to about this phone looked it up.  I hate this phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Motorola and will NEVER buy one of their products again. They want me to pay $150 to replace a defective phone!!!!!! Verizon wants to lock me into another 2 year contract to get a phone that actually works. My phone is current on the charger and STILL won't work. I started having problems with it about 6-9 months after getting it. NO ONE will treat me like a customer should be treated and solve the problem. They all want to charge me more money. NO ONE will acknowledge they made a mistake.  I am seriously considering leaving Verizon once I get out of this contract. I never want to be in a contract again either. This has been an ordeal.  Hate Motorola and hate Verizon.  They have royally ticked me off. None of the troubleshooting suggestions work either. I've tried different chargers. I have rebooted it. A Verizon rep rebooted it. This phone is basically a paperweight and I am paying almost $140 a month for it.  I have to pay extra to break my contract with Verizon. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pmchaffin, we would never want to lose you and will do everything we can to get these issues resolved with your phone.  Your time as our customer means the world to us.  Let’s turn this around.  We just need a few more details to resolve this.  What specifically is happening with your phone currently (same battery issue draining, etc.)?  When did this first start?  Has the phone been wet or damaged at all?

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
azcommando
Enthusiast - Level 1

Class Action Lawsuit???

ANNFFR67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find the same thing. I have a battery bank with me at all times if not plugged to the wall. The battery bank lasts all day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear that you are having issues with your battery life, ANNFFR67. I know how important it is to have a phone that lasts the day and I'm happy to help. To clarify, is your operating system up to date? Are all apps up to date as well? Have you made any changes to the phone recently? 

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes