Email and voicemail count gone after Oreo update
AGB2BPro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since updating to Oreo last week, the Email app (the Motoemail app) doesn't show the number of unread messages on its icon nor does the voicemail app show the number of new voicemails. Same thing with Gmail. How do I get them back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email and voicemail count gone after Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on app notifications too, AGB2BPro. I know the new Oreo update came with many changes. Just to clarify, do you receive any form of a notification icon such as a dot? Are notifications appearing on other app icons?

Can you please confirm the following setting is enabled? I will include instructions below:

Settings>Apps & notifications>Notifications> and here we want to make sure "Allow notification dots" is enabled. With this new update, there are no longer numbers displayed on app icons, instead will appear as dots. Once this settings is confirmed, can you please test by sending yourself an email and seeing if a notification badge appears? We will be standing by for results.

Marshall_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AGB2BPro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for just replying now. I did not know you replied! The notification dots were not enabled, but I have now done so and sent myself an email like you suggested. No notification appears.  Before Oreo I was able to see the number of unread emails in the system email (Moto email), unread text in Messages, and number of new voicemails. Now I have none of that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries AGB2BPro, thanks for getting back to us. When you receive a text or email, do you hear a notification sound? Thanks in advance.

Rosanne_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes