Excessive Battery Drain after 7.1.1 update-possible fix
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

I too suffered excessive battery drain following the update.   Combing through installed apps, I found one that I didn't recognized...it is a Verizon app.

I don't recall the exact name of the app because I was so eager to get rid of it, but I think it was something like "All Sync" or "Appsync" or something similar.

I suggest you look for something similar and, if you didn't put it there, remove it.

After the update I was lucky if I had 35% battery after 5 hours.  After removing this piece of cr@pware, I'm at 75%.  Verizon just slipped this one in on us.

Anyone who tries this, please report your experience here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Excessive Battery Drain after 7.1.1 update-possible fix
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

The name of the app is AppFlash

You can't remove it, but you can disable it.   Before disabling the app, clear the app data and cache.

Then.. enjoy more battery time!

View solution in original post

JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

The name of the app is AppFlash

You can't remove it, but you can disable it.   Before disabling the app, clear the app data and cache.

Then.. enjoy more battery time!

chwylam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!  I have been through everything trying to fix my battery drain. Full charge and it was dead in 2 hours. I had done just about everything and THIS was able to at least get me back to a 6 hour battery charge.

I have to see what else may be going on, but THIS was it. it was added to my phone on 12-17. And I have been struggling since then. Not even the Motorola forum where everyone is complaining mentioned this.

Thank you