Group Messages with Moto Z Force Won't Download Automatically
JESHAR41

My wife has a moto z force using messages+.  Her family uses iphones and when she has a group message text from them it doesn't come through automatically or notify her she has a message in that group.  When she does see it, it says download and she has to click the download button to see the text.  We have restarted the phone, updated it, force stopped the app, reinstalled the app, hard reset, etc.  I have the same phone and I don't have this issue, but all settings are identical.  Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Messages with Moto Z Force Won't Download Automatically
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application is likely waiting for a 4g or 3G cellular connection to download the message. Although I don't understand why when that application is supposed to be able to send and receive MMS messages over Wi-Fi.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Group Messages with Moto Z Force Won't Download Automatically
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

JESHAR41,

It's really strange to hear that your wife's group messages aren't downloading automatically, but we're here to help as much as possible. So that we can assist, we'll need some additional information. You mentioned that you did a hard reset, what steps did you take to complete it? What happens when she receives a picture/MMS message from an individual contact?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the
Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes