Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
HATE new 8.0 update!!!
lhester

My notifications are not working on my text messages, new clock icon does not show both batteries? The Moto Droid Z battery pack, icon are smaller on phone calls which I also don't like. The phone keeps ringing after the party answers. How do I uninstall this update of Oreo 8.0?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HATE new 8.0 update!!!
deloused
Master - Level 3

It can't be uninstalled

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to have access to features that you enjoy. However, there is not safe way to revert back to this software alternative.

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello lhester, 

Software updates do change things on your device that you may be accustomed to. I do understand how this can affect your user experience. Thanks to deloused for the input, since it's correct that the update cannot be uninstalled. 

In addition, if there is any issue with the update, the manufacturer does roll out another update for correction. I hope you find this information helpful. 

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LADYT7777
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine did the same the update turned it off. Go to your setrsett & turn on

0 Likes