Hands-Free Assistant "Mode Notification"
CaliforniaRogue

Hello there!

I just upgraded from my Droid Turbo to a Motorola z2 Force, and I need a little coaching.

With my Droid Turbo, I was able to pair my phone with the Bluetooth in the Kenwood after-market stereo in my car. When I said "Hello Droid Turbo", the hands-free was activated, and there was a BEEP from the stereo to let me know it was awaiting a command to continue.

With the Motorola z2 Force I say "Go Google", and the phone goes into hands-free command mode, the screen lights up to the Assistant, but there is no BEEP to let me know it's waiting for a command. Looking down at the phone to see if the Assistant is active defeats the purpose of using hands-free. If I do see it's in command mode I can tell it "dial so-and-so" and it dials just like the Turbo did.

No changes have been made to the configuration of the stereo. The only change is the new phone.

Question: How can I turn on an audio notification, through the stereo / Bluetooth, that the Assistant / command mode is activated?

Example of Droid Turbo, after Pairing the phone with the Bluetooth stereo:

I say: Hello Droid Turbo

Stereo responds: <beep>

I say: Call "Mother"

Stereo responds: Dialing "Mother"

Example of z2 Force, after Pairing the phone with the Bluetooth stereo:

I say: Go Google

- Screen lights in Assistant mode.

- There is no indication that the phone is waiting for a command unless I look at the phone.

Stereo responds: <no response>

From Assistant mode, I say: Call "Mother"

Stereo goes into dial mode and places call.

Call progress is through the stereo.

I just want to hear the BEEP from the stereo so I know it's waiting for me to tell it to dial...

Thank you for your assistance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hands-Free Assistant "Mode Notification"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CaliforniaRogue, 

We appreciate the details in using your Hands-Free Assistant. We understand how this would be frustrating. Did the "beep" happen when you are not connected to Bluetooth? Did the z2 Force ever make the "beep" when connected to Bluetooth?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CaliforniaRogue

Hi Jenelle.

The z2 Force never did make the beep through the bluetooth. Actually, when it goes in to Assistant mode it doesn't make any sound at all. The screen changes, but I have to be looking at it to know it's switched modes.

My Droid Turbo did without ever knowingly configuring it to do so.

I'm open to trying anything short of a reset since I just got everything set up on the new device. 🙂

Thank you for your response. I look forward to further troubleshooting.

-Doug

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very strange that the beep does not go off when you are connected, CaliforniaRogue. To clarify, are you using Google Assistant or Moto Voice? If you are using the Moto Voice, please take a moment to review the steps to make sure that it is set up correctly. Click here https://motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/122345/p/30,6720,103... to get started. Let me know how it works.

0 Likes
CaliforniaRogue

Hello!

Thank you again for  your response. I did some "testing" over the

weekend andprovidedsome more information below. I apologize for the

CAPS. I added them for clarity.

1. After initially pairing the phone with Bluetooth, the phone

automatically pairs with the car's radio when the ignition is on, in

accessory mode or running.

2. If the PHONEis NOT paired with Bluetooth, when you say "OK Google",

the PHONE beeps and goes into Assistant mode, waiting for a command.

TheRADIOdoes NOT beep or change modes.

3. If the phone IS paired with Bluetooth (see #1 above), the PHONE does

NOT beep. The RADIO also does NOT beep, but the Assistant waits for a

command, usually "Call Work" or something similar. As noted before, I

need to look at the phone's screen to see when Assistant mode is ready

for the command.

I turned off Moto in case that was confusing the system, but it did not

have any effect except to turn off "Show me...".

What can I try next?

-Doug

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help, CaliforniaRogue. I appreciate you giving those steps a try. 

Since upgrading to the Moto Z2 Force, have you tried pairing a different model phone to see if the stereo still beeps when it's in assistant mode? Have you tried pairing the phone to another vehicle/Stereo to see if the stereo beeps?

What is the model of the vehicle you are pairing the phone to? Have you tried contacting the vehicle or stereo manufacturer to see the compatibility of the vehicle/stereo with the Moto Z2 Force? You can visit http://spr.ly/6582D5I2r to view our Bluetooth support websites for different vehicle manufacturers.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes