Re: How fix severe battery drain since 7.1.1 update?
CholinMS
Enthusiast - Level 3

With all of that information I will be going into one of the Verizon stores again and find out what my warranty options are going to be. I don't want to have to pay the $140+ deductible if I don't have to and might just move back to my old phone before going that route.

MADMAXMUTT
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish the kid's phone wasn't 5 months out of warranty. . .

There are hundreds of pages of complaints about this on the Lenova/Motorola site.  One thread with 117 pages. NO answers, but similar responses. Check your apps, calibrate battery, disable app, safe mode, clear cache, try this, try that, . . No joy.

0 Likes
CholinMS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Those, for the most part are the Canned responses. As for Warranty I am paying for the extended Warranty but if it ends up costing me just as much as a full buyout of the phone would I may just replace it.

That's what my wife and I did the last time we needed to do a warranty replacement under our extended plans...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MADMAXMUTT, phones certainly can be expensive these days, so I can see why you'd be concerned. If you have extended warranty on your account, then this would be a great time to take advantage of that feature. I am a bit puzzled to hear that with your extended warranty feature, you were made to pay out-of-pocket. The only possible way would be if there was damage found on your device. I have sent you a message to your inbox to ensure you get to take advantage of the extended warranty. Please reply to me there. 

AkaneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CholinMS, I am all too familiar with having to weigh repair versus replacement. Fortunately, our protection plans have evolved recently, and your coverage options may be more varied than you remember. You can check on your options and save a trip to the store by visiting this link: http://spr.ly/6585DevjD If you enter your device make and model, phone number and zip code it will tell you what is available as far as replacement and repair are concerned. Is this information helpful?

Colin H_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TAMLAW61
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found AppFlash that i can't get off my phone and the reviews say it is something Verizon snuck in a download,  is this what you are talking about?

0 Likes
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

Read through this thread to the end...

Moto Z recent update!

Read this...

With the last update on the Moto Z Force, Verizon, in their infinite misguided wisdom, decided to include/bury a little app called "AppFlash."   The app allowed Big Red to monitor your app usage to see what you were doing.   It's a system app, meaning it cannot be uninstalled.

There have been MANY complaints about severe battery drain after this "update."   I experienced the same problem.  The solution is to go into "Settings/Apps".  Then click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select "Show System."

Now, scroll down to find "AppFlash"   This is the offending piece of garbage.

Now select storage, then clear cach, then clear data.

Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Permissions" and make sure Contacts/Location/Phone are all turned off.

Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Data Usage" and turn off "Background data"

Go back the AppFlash main screen and select "Disable"

Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Force Stop"

This should disable AppFlash and, if it works for you as it did for me, will resolve your battery and performance issues.

Don't forget to thank Verizon for pushing this app onto your phone and remaining silent!

VERVU26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon doing things without telling the customer again? Garbage.

0 Likes
simplem
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have the Moto Z Droid from Verizon, and am having the same battery problem.  I've tried all these suggestions and none of them have worked.  It appears to be an issue with battery failure.  At this point, I only get about 20 minutes of service even with my incipio battery mod.  My phone is a couple of months out of warranty.  I don't want to pay $150 to fix it.  This is obviously a hardware issue that Motorola/Verizon should stand behind.  I'm hoping I'm mistaken and there's a software fix for it, but after reading most of this thread (and many others) there doesn't appear to be one. Is there anyway to get the companies to stand behind the phones with a free repair for the defective battery?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

simplem, We want to make sure everyone has a working phone. Your battery life is important, and we will look into this for you. I know that you stated that you tried some troubleshooting steps, but I need to make sure they were the right ones. Follow this link for instructions on how to extend your battery life: http://spr.ly/6589DiJLh

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes