Re: How fix severe battery drain since 7.1.1 update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello GAROLS95, thank you for contacting us. We know how irritating a short battery life can be, and we're here to help. Apologies if you have not been given the proper assistance. Software updates are meant to make the devices work better, not mess them up. If your issue started after a software update, more than likely your hardware is not to blame. We would hate to waste your time and have you duplicate the troubleshooting steps you have already done. Please tell us exactly what have you done to try to fix this already? 

UbaldoJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GAROLS95
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello UbaldoJ_VZW. I understand how time consuming it may be to read through a thread this size. And i would like to assist you as much as possible in actually answering my question instead of giving another stock response. I have;

Reset to factory settings. *With and without redownloading all of my apps.

Recalibrated my battery

Disabled Appflash

I would appreciate it if someone at Verizon acknowledged the existence of what is basically a manufacturer defect on this phone and offered a real response instead of useless platitudes. I plan on going to a Verizon store this weekend to try and get this fixed, but it would be nice to have an official statement regarding this issue. These phones should have been recalled when this issue was discovered.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay, GAROLS95. Our number one goal is for you to have a working device. We want to find a solution ASAP. I understand that you had plans of stopping into a store for assistance. Please keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can be of further assistance with. We will be standing by.

Chris_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lbenedetti
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't understand how Verizon can charge over $500 for a phone and not recognise the issue that the Moto Z has with its battery. It's actually the last month of payment for my phone and suddenly the battery won't keep a charge and I can't use my phone for more than 1hr27mins on a 100% battery, unless it's plugged in. Either this is a tecntechn glitch they purposely issued or the batteries need to be replaced and should not be at the consumers expense. I have decided to contact the Bureau of Consumers Affairs not only regarding this phone, but noticing that they are charging my account for a Droid RAZR purchased in 2016, paid off and the Droid Z is the replacement. Apparently I owe an additional 336.00 for something I already paid for, two years ago..

Verizon needs to RECALL the Moto Z especially for those who are paying outrageous monthly contract fee's and if the issue isn't resolvable, replace the phone with a device comprablco to what the consumer is used to..Its one  thing to nbover paying for substandard service but to be charged more than once for the same phone is fraud and theft.

I personally just may get a lawyer, it is not the first time we have caught verizVe charging us for items we don't have, never purchased or paid for , in full already. At 30 a month, that's a good reason for a lawyer

Laura Benedetti

Lbenedetti
Enthusiast - Level 1

The typos are courtesy of Verizon's auto correct... another faulty app that we pay for

0 Likes
roofteacher

customer service.

Our Droid will not even run without being plugged in. It is not even paid off. What gives???

0 Likes
roofteacher

Customer Service - I bet this is it huh?

Problem:  after updating 7.1.1, battery drain becomes excessive.

Possible solution: look in your apps for a piece of garbage called "AppFlash."    Verizon baked this in to the update and pushed it onto your phone when you weren't looking.

After taking the update my battery life was horrible and I was lucky to have 35% after 5 hours of light use.

Then I found AppFlash.   I cleared the data and cache, then disabled it.  ( you cannot remove this horrible intrusion on your life....only disable it.)

Now after 5 hours of light use, I'll have 75% battery.

Please try this and let others know your experience.   The Verizon reps will never admit to this app being a problem.

0 Likes