Re: How fix severe battery drain since 7.1.1 update?
simplem
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree about the responses from Verizon...they were pretty useless and not very helpful.  They know there is a problem with the battery, but don't directly address it here.

Unfortunately, I'm a couple of months out of warranty, so I'm out of luck...or so I'm told. I'm glad you were able to get your phone replaced so easily.  I think Motorola and Verizon should stand behind this documented issue beyond the one year warranty.  It's obviously a design flaw.

0 Likes
joeducati

I agree, I'm 1.5 years into my Moto Z ownership and ended up buying a new phone and paying off my useless Moto Z early.  It got so bad that I couldn't use the phone without it being plugged in, unreal!!!!  I tried all the "trouble shooting" with no luck, waited until Oreo was released hoping that may fix the problem, no luck there either!  Verizon does not want to admit there is a known issue with these phones and to try to do anything for us.  I can't even trade the phone in because it will not boot up totally without being plugged in!!

0 Likes
VERVU26
Enthusiast - Level 2

They like adding useless apps to your phone. Almost seems it's on purpose to force customers to buy new phones.

0 Likes
Vgann
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue haven't been able to have my phone off a charger since 7.1.1 update. Is there a fix yet? This is rediculous, been a Verizon customer for over 20 years. Need answers now!

0 Likes
simplem
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I got frustrated enough with the battery issue that I attempted to do the battery swap myself.  I watched a couple of Youtube videos and got the correct tools and battery through ebay ($15 and looks to be genuine Motorola GV30 battery).  The job was harder than it appeared and the videos didn't give adequate instruction or cautions for the proceedure and I damaged the LCD in the process.  It's a lot harder to get the phone open without damaging anything than the videos make it look.  Bummer.  So now there's the expense of a new LCD in addition to the battery.  The total cost to repair will be about $130, so still less than what Motorola charges to do the battery repair, but I hated to make that mistake.

After thinking about it, I decided it wasn't worth putting another $100 into this phone.  Because there is no support from Motorola or Verizon on this issue I decided to look around at other deals.  I found a good deal on a new iPhone 8+ and switched carriers to a lower priced competitor.  Verizon and Motorola lost me as a customer because of their lack of customer service on this issue.  Good luck to the rest of you.

0 Likes
rtimm227
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, just finished reading the 13 pages of this post. At least I am not alone in my frustration with this phone or verizon. Have the same battery issue as the rest but at least mine will last a couple of hours that is if i do not use it! On top of this When I purchased my phones 1.5 years ago I went into a verizon store and was sold a buy one get one deal for the MOTO Z. But then after several months I find out that the promotion had expired a couple of days prior to my purchase.

I  went back to the store and spoke to the manager several times explaining that I was sold the promotion and expected it to be honored. I tried calling Verizon corporate but was told since it was a franchisee their was nothing they could do! At the time I did not know it was a franchise store since all they had was Verizon products and the store was only branded Verizon. So not only was the promotion I was sold by a Verizon representative not honored now I have two phones that I am still paying for every month that are pretty much useless. Almost twenty years as a loyal pay my bill on time customer and treated like this is really hurtful and disappointing.   I have to agree with Simplem above

LADYT7777
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine too Most times & can't receive calls Ugh

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a working phone, can you provide us with the details as to what happens when you cant receive calls? Does your phone show a signal on top? Are you able to make outgoing calls?

Paloma_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRASTI49
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, and a great day to you. I had the same issue, and bluetooth was draining the charge, but when they reset the phone in settings, it did not work either. If you have total replacement and your phone is damaged and battery is not charging they will send a replacement phone at a charge of $19.00. You have a great day. You will have to call Asurion the insurance company number 1-888-881-2622, you will or might have to file a claim first or just go straight to a person on the phone that might be easier. Good luck.

0 Likes
Vgann
Enthusiast - Level 2

If my phone is not plugged in it shuts off. Period. I don't even have to be

doing anything on it. When I plug it back in the battery shows anywhere

from 60 to 90%.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018, 9:59 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes