Re: How fix severe battery drain since 7.1.1 update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, Vgann. We want to ensure you have a fully functional device as soon as possible. Does your device have any type of physical or liquid damage? Also, have you tried using an alternate charger and outlet? What happens when you place your device in Safe Mode? Please feel free to visit the link below to find out how to enable Safe Mode on your device. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206441/

Laura_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gailstevie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seriously?! It is obviously the upgrade that is the problem.

Sjbyklum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Oreo my phone may show from 30% to 15% battery, and will shut down and not be able to power on, saying it's at 0% .when I plug the charger in and power it up, it's immediately  shown up to 60%, but usually around 25%.  There seems to be an issue of reading the battery percentage properly, as well as the previously mentioned sudden drain. My texts take forever to load now, and I don't have many stored. I've tried the calibration methods I've found, also leaving it in safe mode charging for over 24 hours, and the same issues remain. I did not have these problems until the most recent update (Oreo).  I've had my phone for two years, and reading all of the threads am disappointed that this was not addressed when others experienced many of these problems with the last update. I too will not be a return customer.

ANDYMOTO86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here! I just unplugged my phone after a full charge and it's saying I have nine minutes of charge left. It's been unplugged for a half hour. I'm due for an upgrade soon. Conspiracy?

0 Likes
Sjbyklum
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also due for an upgrade....ugh

0 Likes
Sjbyklum
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
TERPTIME

Yet another user with the same problem. I've tried everything suggested in this thread and my battery dies still in minutes. Time for a class action lawsuit.

0 Likes
TERPTIME

Battery recalibration does NOT work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TERPTIME,

The battery is a crucial component of our phones these days and hearing yours depletes as quickly as it does, makes me eager to provide you with a fix. Let's work together and get a resolution in place.

I know you mentioned you've gone through all of the steps within this forum, but we want to be diligent with our side of the process as well, just to ensure there wasn't a missing link along the way that can resolve your issue.

When did you notice this first start happening with the battery draining? Currently, how often do you use your device (Heavy User with frequent streaming of video/audio. Moderate User with occasional streaming. Light User, with little to no usage of streaming/browsing)? Lastly, have you recently updated an app or installed a new one?

We look forward to getting you back on your feet with a properly working Moto Z!

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GAROLS95
Enthusiast - Level 1

This thread is a nightmare. Verizon customer service is completely useless. I just started having this issue with the last update and there hasn't been one helpful suggestion from a Verizon rep. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps listed and no luck. Is there any word on a fix for this? How about just replacing all the dysfunctioning hardware for free? I am definitely in for the class action lawsuit.

0 Likes