How to keep moto z2 force display from randomly lighting up?
THAUS12
Enthusiast - Level 2

just got this phone and it's great. I am concerned though because the slightest movement or even passing my hand over the phone will make the display light up. EXTREMELY annoying when in a car. I think it is causing my battery to drain faster as well. Any tips on how to disable the sensitivity?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to keep moto z2 force display from randomly lighting up?
stef7
Master - Level 2

https://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo/461239-stop-clock-coming-up-every-time-phone-...

Scroll down till you see the post from someone named Adam Barnes who seems to have found a way to do this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THAUS12, I want to make sure you can customize your phone to your liking. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. As a Droid user myself, I know exactly what you mean by how annoying that feature can be. I've had to disable those actions on my Turbo, Turbo 2 and Z Force as soon as I acquired them. You'll find the option to disable that feature in your Moto App under Actions>Approach for Moto Display>turn Off. I also turn off the Display option in the Moto app because I don't want anything showing on my lock screen but you can customize it as you'd like. I hope you find this information helpful.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

THAUS12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your help. The Moto App Display Settings was exactly what needed to be changed. It worked get for a few weeks, then this past weekend a new update was launched

(Software Version: NDX26.183-15)

After this update it has reverted to lighting up when accidentally bumped or touched. I have gone into the Moto App display settings and everything is off. any ideas?

THAUS12
Enthusiast - Level 2

sorry not used to writing in a forum  like this. i apparently replied to myself instead of you at first. yes the moto app display was the setting that needed to be adjusted. everything worked fine until this past weekend 10/20/17 when a new update for the z2 force was launched. it has now reverted back to being "awoken"/ lighting up when accidentally bumped or moved. all settings in the moto app are the same

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You might try to clear system cache.

Google how to do this on your phone.

If that doesn't work, backup content you can't live without losing, and perform a Factory Data Reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very strange that the issue came back after the update, Thaus12. Did you update the applications after the software update? Please put the phone in Safe Mode to see if this issue is happening. Here's how https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joejsullivan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received that update today. Same issue.

The Moto Display is set to off. The screen lights up 1) when moved, 2) when mail is received, 3) when a song changes that is being played.

I've booted into safe mode. The screen still lights up when the phone is lifted or tilted/ moved.

The other thing I find annoying? When a phone restarts and makes a bunch of noise. Like this one that says "Hello Moto".

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
joejsullivan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can also confirm this update, for me, seems to display no options under smart Lock.

Joe

0 Likes
joejsullivan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Edit: disabling, reboot, re enable appears to display the options for smart Lock.

0 Likes