Issues with 7.1.1 update
DSMUSICBOX

The 7.1.1 update, ncls26.118-23-13-6-5, has caused several issues with my phone.

*Battery life is significantly less than before the update. This was noticed immediately. Android system and Android OS are consistently the top two categories in battery use (at this moment they are 17% and 10%) 

*Phone wallpaper continuously disappears and sets itself to the original default.

*Fingerprint rarely works to unlock the phone. It says it has been attempted too many times and to use the pin.

*After unlocking (with Fingerprint if it works or the pin), the phone is frozen for several seconds. The top tool bar will not swipe down for several minutes after that.

These issues are hindering the use of my phone and are incredibly frustrating. I am a long time Samsung user and have been overall happy with my Motorola Z Force until this update. Are there any fixes to these issues? Short of a factory reset (which according to others makes the issues worse), or going back to  trusted Samsung phone, what can be done to improve the functionality of this phone??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with 7.1.1 update
RUSSMI54
Enthusiast - Level 1

I download and installed this update on 3-18-2018 before my phone was fine, as soon as I installed it my battery went from 80% with the Moto mod, to 6% and shut down.

Now there have been several times it just crashed and you got the power button and it shows the battery empty. Is there a way to roll back that update until the issue is sorted out?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that your device performs the way you need it to, DSMUSICBOX. Major updates such as this can sometimes take several days to complete after the initial update. If Android System and Android OS are using that much of your battery at a given time, this may be the case here. To check to see if a setting or an app on the device is responsible for battery drain, you may want to restart the device in Safe Mode: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/.

PeterP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret the inconvenience this has caused as I know the importance of having a reliable device. Are all of your Play Store apps up to date at this time to ensure we minimize any conflicts? What Mod are you using? 

0 Likes
NICTRA20
Enthusiast - Level 1

To Verizon Customer Support: Why is no one addressing the real issue? It's the 7.1.1 update that is causing the problems with the phone and none of the things you suggest to do help. It's a problem with the update, not the phone itself. We all need real answers and solutions to this problem at hand and not just generic answers from a troubleshooting book. It is no longer a software problem. It may have started with one with the update, but the update caused it to become a hardware problem, destroying the phones battery. So, for those of us with insurance on our phones or who have had the phone for less than a year, why is Verizon doing nothing about this? I've stopped into the Verizon store in my city and the flat out said, " we aren't responsible. It's a software issue from Motorola and EVERYONE is experiencing it. So all you can do is wait for a new update to come out. We only sell he products and aren't responsible for what we sell." That's exactly what I was told and that is the worst customer service ever. Plus, you as a company, should be standing by the products you sell since you are the face of them. So, I think all of us Verizon customers deserve a real answer to this. A real solution. Not just a textbook response.

RUSSMI54
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up calling technical support because the battery completely failed, to the point the phone would only run 15 minutes before shutdown.
Verizon replaced it under warranty.

MADMAXMUTT
Enthusiast - Level 3

vzw_customer_support

Read all of the 7.1.1 Motorola threads. This isn't about apps on the phone, damage or anything else EXCEPT the update that (removed) these phones up.

Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

DSMUSICBOX

I am incredibly frustrated. There have been no answers, people at the Verizon stores have been quick to point fingers to my use of the device (it happens even when I'm sleeping and not using the phone). This does not appear to be an isolated issue, and it would be nice to have the actual issue, the update, addressed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a functioning device is a must for me too. Updates are always meant to improve the device performance not hinder it. We do want to figure out the root cause of the issue. Since the issue has started have you tried to recalibrate the battery?

Recalibrate the battery
•Press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10secs)
•Plug phone into the OEM Turbocharger
•Allow the phone to charge to 100% (leave on the charger overnight).

Also, how does the device work while in safe mode? http://spr.ly/6585DcvFF

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Vgann
Enthusiast - Level 2

The root cause was the7.11 update as you people have been told over and over again.what is being done to fix it??? Same problem! I cannot use my phone unless it is plugged in.

0 Likes