Major Problems after 7.1.1 update
mwstocking

After I installed the current update on my Motorola Droid Z Force I have been experiencing lots of problems.

My battery drains so fast. I start out at 100% then within 3 - 4 hours with it just sitting on my desk I am down to 20%.

I keep losing my wallpaper.

My phone re-boots itself for no reason.

It doesn't remember my fingerprint and says I have to enter my code to enable my fingerprint.

And it locks up all the time. I tried to answer a phone call and it locked up. Most of the time when it locks up, I need to re-boot it to get it back.

My husband is having the same problems right now. He has the same phone as I do.

Any suggestions???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Major Problems after 7.1.1 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mwstocking,

Oh no! Having a rapidly draining battery is never fun, and I know how important it is to get proper battery life from your device. I know that you said you recently updated the software to 7.1.1, and that is when you started seeing the issues. Thanks as well for all of the symptoms that you see, as this helps us investigate the issue further.

It definitely sounds like something got a little bit off-track when the software completed its update. What sort of activities are you doing when the phone reboots, loses wallpaper, etc.? How often does this happen to you? What is the phone doing when it locks up?

If you haven't already, please restart your phone in Safe Mode (Follow this link here for instructions on how to put your phone in Safe Mode: http://spr.ly/6585DnA8c). This mode returns your phone to default settings, without losing any information. This will help us determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze, reset or run slow. Once in Safe Mode, use your phone as you typically would and see what changes occur. To take your phone out of Safe Mode and into your regular functionality, simply restart your device and the Safe Mode icon in the lower-left hand corner will disappear.

Please keep us posted on the success of the steps. We look forward to hearing from you.

RyanCo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mwstocking,

Oh no! Having a rapidly draining battery is never fun, and I know how important it is to get proper battery life from your device. I know that you said you recently updated the software to 7.1.1, and that is when you started seeing the issues. Thanks as well for all of the symptoms that you see, as this helps us investigate the issue further.

It definitely sounds like something got a little bit off-track when the software completed its update. What sort of activities are you doing when the phone reboots, loses wallpaper, etc.? How often does this happen to you? What is the phone doing when it locks up?

If you haven't already, please restart your phone in Safe Mode (Follow this link here for instructions on how to put your phone in Safe Mode: http://spr.ly/6585DnA8c). This mode returns your phone to default settings, without losing any information. This will help us determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze, reset or run slow. Once in Safe Mode, use your phone as you typically would and see what changes occur. To take your phone out of Safe Mode and into your regular functionality, simply restart your device and the Safe Mode icon in the lower-left hand corner will disappear.

Please keep us posted on the success of the steps. We look forward to hearing from you.

RyanCo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We know that a phone that is working smoothly is exactly what our customers want and appreciate you reaching out to us with the issues that you are experiencing. While software updates are intended to add benefit to the phone, obviously this has not been your experience. We do take these matters seriously and alert the manufacturer to outstanding issues. In many cases, battery drain will correct itself within one week of a major update. What additional issues are you experiencing with your device?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes