Maps Stopped Talking on Bluetooth
dle31353
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does Google Maps on my Motorola Droid Z stop talking when I use bluetooth in my car? Bluetooth for phone works fine and Maps talks to me when bluetooth is off. And it worked with my old LG G3. Thanks for any advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Maps Stopped Talking on Bluetooth
dle31353
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOLUTION!

Took the vehicle to dealership and the solution was stupidly easy. I had to have the car mode in MEDIA not RADIO and all apps will work through the Bluetooth system. Duh....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

That issue can occur due to several reasons such as incompatibility between Bluetooth versions of the phone and car, or a setting that needs to be changed in the phone, an application, or the car.

The LG G3 has Bluetooth version 4.0, while the Moto Z has the newer 4.1. Checking with your vehicle manufacturer, website or manual may provide a list of compatible device/Bluetooth profile types.

If the MotoZ/Bt 4.1 is fully compatible with the Bluetooth version in your vehicle ensuring the phone, application & car softwares are up to date, and that there aren't any conflicting apps installed on your phone that could be affecting BT app audio.

Depending on application version, you can try altering settings within Google Maps such as 'Play voice over Bluetooth' and/or 'Play as Bluetooth phone call' to see if that improves Bluetooth performance with your vehicle.

If the Bluetooth version of your newer phone is actually not compatible with your current vehicle though, installing new car stereo system in your vehicle that does fully work with 4.1 would fix the issue.

dle31353
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I did all you said, but nothing changed. I contacted Verizon and was told this is an issue from a year ago with the Hyundai Tucson. The Hyundai people said to take the vehicle to the dealer. I think I'll just do a "work around" and turn off bluetooth when in the vehicle. The phone does talk to me then.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you using this workaround, dle31353. Working with the dealer would be the next best step, since you have performed the previously suggested steps. Please keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dle31353
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOLUTION!

Took the vehicle to dealership and the solution was stupidly easy. I had to have the car mode in MEDIA not RADIO and all apps will work through the Bluetooth system. Duh....

0 Likes