Message shortcut icon isn't showing # of messages
12yearsplus

After my phone undated on 8/29/2017 my message icon is no longer showing a number for messages received and unread.I am using message plus, a preloaded app from verizon. I have check all my settings and all appear to be unchanged from before the system update. I get the sound of a message and also get a notification in the notification bar but if my phone is set to silent or I don't here the message tone then I cannot just glance at my phone and see that there is a message. This has cause for me to miss some important messages. How do I fix this problem?

On a side note the new update redesigned the icons and everything smaller. I really do not like them at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message shortcut icon isn't showing # of messages
LIFEINDOVESVILLE

Seems as though the problem started when I was forced to update also.  Here's an idea tech people...fix the problem, hum?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

have you checked settings/notifications or

settings/lock screen/notifications??

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LIFEINDOVESVILLE

Moto Z

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your messaging application to work as intended, LIFEINDOVESVILLE. You indicate that this issue started when you updated software. Please provide the current software Build number of your phone and the current software version for the Message+ application. Also, what Moto Z device mode do you have (Droid, Force, Play)?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes