Re: Most recent system update (June 2nd or 3rd 2020) causing issue with Bluetooth
OSUbeaver23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I am also having the exact same Bluetooth issues since the update on my Moto Z4.  I've tried different Bluetooth headphones with the same results.  What do we do?  Complain at a Verizon store?  How was this not tested before release, blows my mind!

Re: Most recent system update (June 2nd or 3rd 2020) causing issue with Bluetooth
Xanakira
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spoke with Verizon support. They say it's a manufacturer issue and are working with them to resolve it. So it's nothing we can fix. They put me on a list for when they have a fix. I'll update when I have one.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely seems like a major connectivity issue, eolsonwatson. The device shouldn't confuse the Bluetooth signal with Wifi and cellular signal, but that is what it sounds like. Beyond resetting network settings, I would recommend resetting the device settings. This should not cause any loss of content like photos or contacts.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
eolsonwatson
Enthusiast - Level 2

From the troubleshooter

"Restoring your device to default settings helps when the device crashes and resets itself or when apps freeze/hang or reset the device.

There is no option to reset only settings on this device. However, network settings can be reset. To remove all data and settings, perform a Factory Data Reset."

0 Likes
OSUbeaver23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is a post from a different forum -

Talked to Motorola. They are definitely aware of this problem and are working on it as we speak. New update will be released when fixed. They gave me temp fix which seems to be working. Go into locations and turn off Bluetooth and Wifi scanning. Just means that has to be done manually for the time being, but definitely worth it to have Bluetooth back.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@OSUbeaver23 wrote:

Here is a post from a different forum -

Talked to Motorola. They are definitely aware of this problem and are working on it as we speak. New update will be released when fixed. They gave me temp fix which seems to be working. Go into locations and turn off Bluetooth and Wifi scanning. Just means that has to be done manually for the time being, but definitely worth it to have Bluetooth back.

Well, it sounded promising.  I disabled Location->Bluetooth and WiFi scanning and it had NO effect on the broken/distorted bluetooth audio when making a phone call over WiFi.  I restarted my moto z4 phone to see if that was needed, with no help.  I 'forgot' my PLT-M70 bluetooth device and re-paired with no positive result.  Still broken/distorted bluetooth audio.  Not sure if there is another trigger to make that solution work for me.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Xanakira
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turning off scanning worked for me. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Xanakira. It's important that your phone functions properly, so we're here to help. Do you have trouble connecting to other devices? I'd like to investigate further. Please check your private messages for details.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hello, Xanakira. It's important that your phone functions properly, so we're here to help. Do you have trouble connecting to other devices? I'd like to investigate further. Please check your private messages for details.

TracyB_VZW

This issue is affecting numerous customers and hopefully anything discovered via Private Messaging will be shared publicly. 

From a previous post, 'Spoke with Verizon support. They say it's a manufacturer issue and are working with them to resolve it'.  @tracyb_vzw  can you follow up on that and get an update?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Xanakira
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler
I have not received an update of when a fix is available. Support said my account was now on a list and I would be contacted when the update was available. I contacted them on messenger.
0 Likes