Moto Z (Android N) No phone audio over bluetooth in vehicles
SquirrelChaser

I have a Moto Z Droid that was recently upgraded to N (7.0). I am able to pair it to several different hands-free vehicles including Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet. The bluetooth over audio and navigation works perfectly. Also, Android Auto was recently installed and its functions (apart from phone) work perfectly (GPS/Music/Google commands). The problem lies in the phone audio during a call. Each system allows me to make a call and it is reflected on the device. The caller in each different system can hear me (microphone works) but I cannot hear the audio back. No dial tone, not voice of person I called, etc. I have followed the basic troubleshooter including removing pair from both cars and phone. I have reset network settings and re paired device. No go on these. I even removed the pairing, put the phone into safe mode and repaired. Same scenario each time with each car. I also tried removing the memory card and pairing...no audio still.

I am pulling my hair out and I even made sure that the bluetooth systems were up to date on the cars! I know my bluetooth works on the phone because I can pair and use a Fitbit and i can pair and play music on all of the car systems. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I paired a family member's Apple iPhone to the systems and all features, including call audio, works fine.

Thanks in advance,

SquirrelChaser

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z (Android N) No phone audio over bluetooth in vehicles
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry to hear this issue persists.Let's get to the bottom of this together. Are you able to pair to a bluetooth headset? Can you use a wired headset and hear the caller? Does the device give an error when connecting?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
THELIFEWELLLIVED

After the update, my phone no longer pairs with my wireless headset.  Given there is no jack to plug in a headset, not being able to pair a wireless headset post patch is very annoying.  Prior to the patch, my headset paired fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THELIFEWELLLIVED, we certainly want to ensure your Bluetooth is working properly for your device. In order to provide the best support, we'd like to have a full understand of what's taking place. The moment the call connects via Bluetooth, do you see the Bluetooth icon in the notification bar disappear or Turn Off from the Bluetooth settings? Does the Bluetooth Profile on the device have Phone audio enabled (Settings > Bluetooth > Settings Gear)?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pattycaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hope you find an answer. Having problems with my Moto ZForce Droid pairing to my car too

0 Likes
THELIFEWELLLIVED

I only paid my phone w my wireless headset. I fortunately after the update, my phone can no longer see my headset. It does not come up when I go to pair it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THELIFEWELLLIVED, we certainly want to ensure that you're able to pair/sync your mobile device with your Bluetooth. I'm very much concerned regarding your mobile device not being able to see your Bluetooth headset, after your phone's recent software update. Device software updates are intended to enhance the performance of any mobile device, not cause its user to be inconvenienced. I'd like your assistance in accessing our Bluetooth pairing/syncing website for further assistance at: http://vz.to/2tuhCXB.

Once you've accessed the website please scroll down to the "Pairing" section and click on Question #1 (How do I turn Bluetooth on for my phone or tablet and pair it to my Bluetooth device?) and click the link provided. This will open up to the "interactive device simulators." link to click. Please let us know if this works for you. RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes