Re: Moto Z Droid Battery Issue
HEAMCC86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here

0 Likes
ricksaquarium
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have two Moto Z force droid doing the same thing we've tried the soft factory reset and the hard reset and battery will say 80 % or 100 or some charge level and BOOM it's died or if it off and fully charged 100 % when it boots the battery is 10 % or less and shuts down 

It's horrible you pay all this money for phones and services and the phone goes out of warrenty and you either have to pay for a new phone or cancel services  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the hassle this has caused as I know how important it is to be able to rely on your phone throughout the day. We want to help you stay! Did this seem to start after installing any new apps or updates? Are the applications up to date in the Play Store on each device? When reviewing the battery statistics in Settings> Battery, what are the main applications and processes consuming the battery?    - YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
BAF80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same issue. 60% + shown on display and phone shuts down. Are you offering a discount on replacing battery?

RichR49

The solution is simple: change out the battery for a new one. It is reasonably easy. I did mine in about 20 minutes. Back to normal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BAF80, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing these random battery issues and do want to get to the bottom of this. As each device is a bit different, we appreciate any help in getting to the bottom of what is causing this issue on your phone. Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software when this began? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the phone? Are you using any specific app when this happens? Is there any damage to the charger or charging port?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ladyalyce88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same issue with no help from Motorola.  Very disappointed in what was billed as a top of the line flagship device.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you are experiencing issues with your phone, ladyalyce88. You mention that you had the same issue and no help from the manufacturer. We want you to have the best experience with your phone. We consider each customer issue to be unique. What specific battery issues are you experiencing with your device?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
SBC3

I had one of the original Moto Z Plays. Battery lasted longer than any previous phones I've had. Then  six months in,it started draining fast. Then the battery swelled, and it was replaced with a refurbished phone. That battery was long lasting for 3 months. Six months in, that battery swelled. That phone was no longer available, so I was sent a Moto Z Force. The battery in that one drains fairly quickly. I've invested in several mods (power pack, wireless charging back, & camera), so my plan was to replace it with another Moto Z. I like the phone. But not if there continues to be battery problems. Is this a Motorola issue? Is this a Moto Z issue? I'd like to find out before my contact ends next year.

0 Likes
ChaseB81

I do NOT see anything this person brought to your attention that the support team SHOULD have resolved without asking for more information, it Shou not matter what phone it is by Motorola! He gave adequate information in my opinion yet they still haven't responded with a solution to the problem!

0 Likes