Re: Moto Z Droid Battery Issue
robrivas
Enthusiast - Level 2

RichR49  said, "The solution is simple: change out the battery for a new one. It is reasonably easy. I did mine in about 20 minutes. Back to normal." Do you know where I can buy a new battery and where I can find instructions to open the phone and install the new battery? I had assumed, since it's a non-replaceable battery, that I couldn't do that. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robrivas, we always want you to have a functioning device. I understand you've taken all the steps mentioned within several Moto Z Droid threads, and you're still experiencing battery issues. To better assist you, we will need to take a different route. I've sent you a Private Note, and I look forward to hearing from you.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Mousekin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did anyone every get a fix for this issue? It just happened to me again, so I would really like to have this issue fixed and not have to buy another phone (which may have the same issues...). Is changing the battery the only answer?

unhappydroid02
Enthusiast - Level 1

is there a fix for the battery drain and random shutting down ? The phone is not even paid off yet and is like a paper weight. It says fully charged one min then shuts off and when it powers back on it says its battery is dead.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having trouble with your device's battery life. I rely on my phone for almost everything and I would be lost without it. When did you start experiencing this issue? Do you remember if it started after installing a new app or software update? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
dubass
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am in the same situation here - phone randomly powers down, sometimes right after i take it off of the turbo charger. goes from 100% to 4% instantaneously. called and got someone who said that i could send it in and get a replacement phone for $249+. is this really the best that you can do ? can't you just replace the battery or something ? very frustrating - just finished paying for it, bought two mods, and now the thing is useless...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is for you to have a phone you can depend on dubass. Does the phone have physical or liquid damage? How old is the phone? RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Angylaidd
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I bought identical Moto Z droids. His began having the "gosh, I'm suddenly dying..." battery issue first. Now, mine's having it. He replaced his. Now, I'm in the same boat. It randomly just... dies. Initially, it was when the battery was getting low. Now, if I have it on and do anything with it at all beyond just calling someone (and even that is iffy), it dies. We went to the movies and - this is a true story - we couldn't get the thing to turn OFF - and I told my husband to send a text. That did it. It died. It was at about 87 or something % charge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having battery issues certainly puts a damper on having a computer in your pocket, and we're going to get to the bottom of this. Is the phone dying even while at a full charge? Does it have any issues with functionality while plugged in? StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes
cab53
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having same issues with battery drain. I have tried everything Verizon has suggested and taken the phone to the store where i bought the moto z,they did not have a clue. it appears I amm not the only one having this problem. what the solution? type m108d model xt1650-01 I bought new 2 and one half years ago.