Re: Moto Z Droid Battery Issue
Tj78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything! I was told by chat I just need to upgrade. How is there not a fix? It's obvious others have the same issue.  I have done all the troubleshooting, factory reset, health check, and more! It drains drastically and has random shutdowns.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always our goal to find a fix for any problem you bring to our attention, BILLPRES42 . I want to make sure we work together on options to get a working phone into your hands with as little cost to you as possible. Before we look at replacing your phone, can you tell me a little more about exactly what you are experiencing on your phone since each individual may have a different experience? When did you notice the trouble start? Using the steps from https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205295/ can you tell me the Build number listed for your phone as well?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

SELAHJRIC
Enthusiast - Level 1

JosephT_VZW,

Thank you for following up on my concern. I am on WiFi & LTE. And have been using the phone with those since I got the phone. But the phone dying prematurely didn't use to happen.

I've been monitoring the phone dying again for the last week and it appears to happen at any random time (on web, opening photos, trying to take a photo, etc).

gmsantiago77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you anyway but the phone ended up dying and I had to get a new one.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SELAHJRIC, I appreciate the follow-up details that you have provided. Besides the aforementioned changes you have described, have you made any other recent changes to your phone? Please complete a device health check and share the results: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/ This will provide us with useful diagnostic information about your phone. Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROCK7X7
Enthusiast - Level 2

No water damage at all... and it lasts less then 2 hours on a full charge. I am using the same type charger that it came with- the Motorola Turbo. The original died so I had to replace it but I did so with an original Motorola brand Turbo charger. My husband has the same phone, bought on the same day and it isn't doing this. I still have not seen any fix and I am starting to believe my phone may have the same issues as the iPhones that were recently discovered to have time limited batteries installed. That will not make us happy.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming. I would be just as shocked to know that my battery is draining at an alarming rate. I am eager for you to be met with a long lasting resolution. I can see why you would not be ecstatic to find out about the limited time battery. However, this finding would be quite unusual seeing that your husband is not being impacted. Please make sure your software is up to date: http://spr.ly/6584Eux4k

What apps have you downloaded around the time your device started to drain the battery? I ask because certain third-party apps can cause battery drainage. Please test this out by using Safe Mode. All third-party apps will be paused, so please continue using your device as is and let me know of the battery activity. http://spr.ly/6585Eux4Z

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
ROCK7X7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know how to run my phone in safe mode. How long do I have to run it

that way?

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019, 11:43 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, ROCK7X7. I can definitely clarify some details. To place your device into 'Safe Mode', follow the steps in the link below:
http://spr.ly/6589ERDF5
As for how long to leave your device in 'Safe Mode', I recommend ensuring that your device is fully charged and leaving 'Safe Mode' enabled for 20 minutes and see if you notice the dramatic change. Does this make sense?

GregL_VZW

0 Likes