Moto Z Droid: NO WIFI!
JESSE_S_1976

Hello all,

My wife and I just bought a new Motorola Moto Z Droid phone for our kids for Christmas.  Unfortunately, the wifi does not seem to work on the device.  More specifically, it will not see, detect, or show any wifi networks.  None at all. Here's a list of the trouble-shooting that's consumed about 8 hours of my life in the last two days:

- Toggled the wifi on and off (endlessly)

- Turned the phone on and off (many times)

- Turned our router on and off (multiple times)

- Changed our router channels (both the 2.4 & 5.0 gHz channels)

- Tried other public and private wifi locations (several)

- Ensured the phone has the most current software update

- Ensured the phone is not operating in any sort of battery saving mode

- Restarted the phone in Safe Mode (multiple times)

- Reset the phone's network settings (many times)

- Full phone factory reset (4 times!)

- Spent 90 minutes on the phone with Verizon technical support, who eventually realized that I had tried everything already, and concluded to return the phone.

Obviously, a very frustrating experience.  Before we return the phone tomorrow, just thought I'd throw this out to the community to see if there are any experts out there that have any other ideas.

Thanks.

Jesse

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Droid: NO WIFI!
GARHAG18

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH MY MOTOROLA DROID Z, EDITION S...WIFI QUIT WHILE ON A TRIP..VERY FRUSTRATING .  ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD AND UNDER WARRANTY ..WHAT DO I DO NOW??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GARHAG18, I'm sorry to hear that you're having the same trouble with your Wi-Fi. I rely on Wi-Fi heavily so I can understand the importance of having it work. I want to learn more about what's going on. What is happening with the Wi-Fi exactly? Have you tried any troubleshooting to fix on your end?

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHADDOHAWK

Just ran into this same problem one my Moto z droid after installing the newest update on the first. Have tried resetting network multiple times even did a factory reset twice. It will find the wifi connections fine but when you try to connect with them it just says saved and never connects.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have a working device. Are you still experiencing the same issues? Is this happening to all Wi-Fi connections? After the Factory Reset, did you restore the device?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly concerning to hear, Shaddowhawk. Just to be sure, you experience issues with all WiFi connections, correct?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SHADDOHAWK

Yeah it is with all wifi, even the one ate the Verizon store. But its been week so I went ahead and am trading my phone in for an upgrade.

0 Likes
JOHNHUGES57
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife's Moto Z Force Droid, which has been working perfectly for the last 5 months has no lost the ability to do Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.  This happened immediately after the reboot caused by system update on July 6.  I am absolutely sure nothing was done to the phone hardware.  Being a software engineer, I am pretty sure the update is at fault.  Fix it please.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHNHUGES57, let's get your wife's phone working like it should again. What happens when she tries to use her WiFi or Bluetooth? Is anything else affected?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TODTRE68

This is exactly what problem I am having... This is not a valid answer and does not help in any way. I'm having this exact problem with my Moto Z Less Than 3 months old very unhappy about this

0 Likes