Moto Z Droid won't connect to WiFi after Verizon system software update
MISTI_RAIN

I applied a Verizon system update to my Moto Z Droid a few days ago and since then it hasn't been able to connect to WiFi.  In the WiFi settings it just "searches" and doesn't find anything.  I rebooted several times, reset network settings, started in safe mode.  Nothing seems to work.  System software update is NCLS25.86-11-4.  I noticed in the Configure Wi-Fi screen it has a MAC address of 02:00:00:00:00:00.  This seems to be an odd number for a MAC address.  I wonder if the update somehow overwrote the MAC address.  Is there some way to re-apply the update or can I back out of the update?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Droid won't connect to WiFi after Verizon system software update
MyNewPCGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.......we're you able to get a resolution to it? -Thanks

0 Likes
MISTI_RAIN

Nope haven't gotten anywhere.  I also did a factory reset.   Warning - don't do a factory reset, because if it doesn't fix it, then you won't be able to re-download all your apps over wifi.  Downloading through your cell plan will eat through your data real fast.

I have decided to send it to Motorola/Lenovo.  My phone is only 3 months old and still within warrantee.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MISTI_RAIN I can't live without WiFi. Let's make sure you don't have to. Let's take a closer look. I have sent you a Private Message to begin.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MyNew PCGuy, we want to make sure you can connect to your Wi-Fi. We are here to provide troubleshooting assistance. What is the make and model of your phone?

If you have a Motorola, follow the link for instructions on how to use our software repair tool: http://vz.to/2hWcAlE

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Tucson8

I am having the same problem. Can support answer our question, please???

0 Likes
Falcor1313

I just got this phone yesterday, and it won't even allow me to turn the wifi on. It keeps kicking it off after a few moments. I did system update, reset, and still nothing. I have seen a lot of other complaints on the web about similar issues with moto phones since an update. Are there anyways to fix this?

0 Likes
CHRBOC13

I logged a call with support for this problem and they ended up replacing

my phone. They said that the WiFi antenna was defective. I questioned how a

software update would cause a hardware failure. They claimed that this was

not directly related to the system update in early January, but the timing

of my problem related directly to applying the update. Now that I have my

new phone, I just received a new update this morning and am in mortal fear

of installing it. Perhaps it is a 'fix' for the update in early January???

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:19 AM Falcor1313 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Falcor1313

I see it now, I'm downloading now but it didn't say anything about fixing wifi issues, I will let you know

0 Likes
Falcor1313

Nothing  

0 Likes